lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
Gustaza
Not Yet Wild

Angry EzGo gas RXV Keeps burning Solenoids

I’ve a gas RXV and it has started to burn out the 14v solenoid after 1-2 rounds of use. I’ve replaced 4 already and also after replacing the voltage regulator, however the problem still exists. Anyone know what problem could be?

The get the cart back to garage each time when solenoid fails out on the course I have short out the two main solenoid contacts to get engine going. However today with my latest failure, this trick does not work as the engine seems to only tick over and won’t take the boot/accelerator.

Any advise
Gustaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: EzGo gas RXV Keeps burning Solenoids

Is the throttle linkage moving freely when you press the go pedal? By burning solenoids do you mean literally burning/melting or just stop working?
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:26 PM   #3
Gustaza
Not Yet Wild

Yes tottle linkage is moving freely. Sorry to clarify The solenoids stop working and require replacement each time. The voltage regulator was replaced as I thought maybe this was causing the failures
Old 08-14-2021, 05:32 PM   #4
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Can you check the voltage at the small posts on the solenoid when you press the pedal? Do you get 12 volts on the small posts when pressed?
Old 08-14-2021, 05:36 PM   #5
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Sorry, to clarify. One small post is a hot and the other is a ground. When you press the pedal, put a probe on the negative side of the solenoid and a probe on the positive side. You should have 12 volts at the small posts of the solenoid when you press the pedal.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:40 PM   #6
Gustaza
Not Yet Wild

Hi Scott
To clarify do you want me to measure the voltage across the two small terminals of the solenoid when the pedal is pressed ?
Dec
Old 08-14-2021, 05:43 PM   #7
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Yes.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:55 PM   #8
Gustaza
Not Yet Wild

Thanks will do and will revert.
Old 08-14-2021, 08:18 PM   #9
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you using continuous service rated solenoids? If you use automotive type solenoids from the auto parts stores, they are only rated for intermittent contact...ie: just when starter motor engages to start a car motor. These cart starter generators are hot all the time while running with power through the solenoid.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #10
Gustaza
Not Yet Wild

Hi I am replacing solenoid with the manufactured one like for like replacement. Before recent issues the solenoid worked for 2-3 years without issue.

I checked the solenoid small pins this morning and I get 0v when accelerator is pressed. I seem to have a short across these pins as the multimeter beeps on continuity check. The same occurs on the large 2 pins… so why is solenoids burning out??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO