lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2022, 02:22 AM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default ezgo won’t start

My ezgo won’t start. Some nincompoop told me the piston was half melted so it goes in reverse but not forward. So I replaced the piston and now it goes forward but not reverse. I filled the clutch with oil and put a Chinese carb on it.

Hopefully cartmaster can help me. Does my golf cart need some of that petrol stuff or is gas okay?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2022, 03:43 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo won’t start

Propane Gas is fine, It is more volatile and does not need much of a spark. Your replacement piston is from down under and works upside down, If you put the arrow facing forwards this will likely be your problem. Filling the clutch with oil is fine as it will self lubricate all other parts on the cart including the brakes which is a service item regularly missed out.
Now the big question is where did you fit the Chinese carb? I find they get the best airflow if you bolt them to the front cowl rather than under the seat. The only thing that confuses me here is that you have an electric cart !!!!!

Disclaimer I regularly write fiction. You may follow any advice I give at your own risk. In the knowledge that I am a founder member of the Nincompoops club caution is advised.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Well, when I built the motor I couldn’t figure out now the piston was supposed to go in. It came with these really stiff round strips of metal that kept getting caught on the round tube the piston goes. Couldn’t figure it out so assuming those are just packing pieces I took them off. The piston went in nice and easy and smooth after that.

I tried cleaning the new carb but it still won’t run
Old 06-16-2022, 09:52 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

If you took those round strips of metal out, did you fill the gaps with anything? Maybe some weedwhacker starting cord would do the job. Or It could just be your schmeegle valve needs adjusting.

Just a thought before we get too deep, did you let off the park brake?

I really think we need trig123 on this, he already called me out when I got a number wrong. He has much more time to think about this stuff than I do. He also has a shop that he can sweep up wire nuts when he is bored. I wonder if he has workshop gnomes like that other fella I been watching on YouTube? Maybe that's who leaves their nuts all over the place.

Maybe you filled up the 7I0 cap with too much petrol ( think about that one ) I have seen it done several times!
Old 06-16-2022, 10:07 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

My buddy ranjit sokkitt can't find his son today, have you seen him anywhere? His name is tennmil.
Old 06-16-2022, 10:37 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The gaps were filled with jb weld. I think that should hold them.

I can’t seem to find any petrol. Nobody seems to sell it.

It has been a week or so since I charged the battery but it’s still holding steady a little over 53 volts so I think it is okay still.

Should I clean the carb again?

Guess we hijacked my own thread. Now we can stay unbanned. For now
Old 06-16-2022, 11:41 AM   #7
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

7IO , Yep I've seen those caps
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:02 PM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You would not believe how many I've been to that have been filled with gad rather than 7I0 lol.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

My cart doesn’t have a 710 cap though. Where am I supposed to put that 710 fluid?

I seem to have misplaced my gas tank as well
Old 06-18-2022, 02:13 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Your gas tank should be right next to the BBQ. Dont worry about the missing 7I0 cap, it probably fell off ages ago. Just put the 7I0 in the clutch, it should not hurt anything.

On the other subject we recently discussed, I must try to remember this thread is ours to use instead of highjacking serious threads. BUT why should we worry? Spreading a bit of HUMOUR around is good for the soul i am told.

Regarding the Queens english compared to your gibberish brings to mind words like Tyre! you guys say tire, but to me that means to get exhausted, Knackered, lethargic etc. If we walk on the pavement in the UK, it is safe. If we do it over there we get run over!

Sometimes as you know, I write American or Canadian, but sometimes I hold true to my heritage in the hope that I can teech you to speak proper Inglish like wot i does.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO