lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2022, 06:43 PM   #1
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Default Transaxle Bearing question...

Anyone know what bearing ithat is used on the end of the input shaft on a 2001 CC Transaxle? Mine is shot and therefore the cart won't go into reverse. The CC OEM part number is AM10080, but the OEM bearing is backordered until December (according to my dealer).

I gotta believe there is a standard bearing out there that will work and it appears to be a 25mm x 52mm x 15mm. I found a Timken 6205-2RS sealed bearing (sealed is recommended now by CC), but I don't understand enough about them to know if its a good replacement regarding Load Rating and whatnot.

Has anyone successfully replaced that bearing with a aftermarket?
Aggiesdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2022, 08:41 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Transaxle Bearing question...

I’m on my phone now so searching isn’t really easy at the moment. But when I run into something like that I take the old bearing to Napa. Napa has always been very good about being able to match up stuff like that and a good/bigger store almost always has something in stock.

Bring a set of calipers with you. Measure inside diameter, outside diameter, and thickness.

As long as the dimensions match up I’d roll with it
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:00 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Just about any 6205 bearing will work fine for that. Depends on the bearing, but usually the bearing number will be a 4 digit with a 2 or 3 letter designation after it. The first numbers are the size category, and the lettering designates the seal type and other attributes.
There are some categories for high speed, low speed, heavy loading, and a handful of other specialty applications, but none of them really apply in this case.
2RS will be a 2 sided rubber seal.
Yes, you can use a sealed bearing. The seal holds more oil in the bearing which helps extend the bearing life.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:26 AM   #4
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Just about any 6205 bearing will work fine for that. Depends on the bearing, but usually the bearing number will be a 4 digit with a 2 or 3 letter designation after it. The first numbers are the size category, and the lettering designates the seal type and other attributes.
There are some categories for high speed, low speed, heavy loading, and a handful of other specialty applications, but none of them really apply in this case.
2RS will be a 2 sided rubber seal.
Yes, you can use a sealed bearing. The seal holds more oil in the bearing which helps extend the bearing life.
Thanks to both of you for your reply. I'm gonna try that Timken bearing and I'll cross my fingers that it works well!
Old 10-14-2022, 10:10 PM   #5
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

The timken bearing worked well and I’m finally back in action!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car