lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2023, 04:19 PM   #1
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Default Txt golf cart losing power after 15 mins

Recently sold 2008 txt golf cart. Had fairly new batteries with date of June 2022. Sold cart never had any problems when we had it. New owner gets it home and said it wouldn’t hardly go was very very slow after charging. They text me couple days later today. Saying they rode it for 15 mins then it started going slow barley got it back to the house. Plugged it up and charger was in red. Anybody have any idea what would cause this? Could something with hauling it bumping caused something? Cart was running fine when I had it never any issues. I have no idea what would do this. They are asking to return it and I’m not sure what to do. I didn’t sell it with a warranty. Could it be something simple?? Thanks any advice is appreciated.
Winyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2023, 04:33 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Txt golf cart losing power after 15 mins

Could be almost anything but I would suspect a bad connection if it was fine recently with relatively new batteries.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 05:28 PM   #3
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Could be almost anything but I would suspect a bad connection if it was fine recently with relatively new batteries.
What I’m kinda thinking. Would be the first thing I would check not sure if they have done that or not.
Old 05-05-2023, 06:54 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winyah View Post
Recently sold 2008 txt golf cart. Had fairly new batteries with date of June 2022. Sold cart never had any problems when we had it. New owner gets it home and said it wouldn’t hardly go was very very slow after charging. They text me couple days later today. Saying they rode it for 15 mins then it started going slow barley got it back to the house. Plugged it up and charger was in red. Anybody have any idea what would cause this? Could something with hauling it bumping caused something? Cart was running fine when I had it never any issues. I have no idea what would do this. They are asking to return it and I’m not sure what to do. I didn’t sell it with a warranty. Could it be something simple?? Thanks any advice is appreciated.
What brand batteries were they ? and did you maintain them by adding distilled water as needed ? checking cables for tightness and corrosion ?
What brand charger did you sell them ?
Was this a series cart and do they have large hills to climb or lever ground.
Tough call on them asking to return it.
I would probably tell them to just bring it back and I would give them their money back but that's me. That is if it were like a couple of weeks since I sold it.
Even if its been a month or two I would try and make it right.
Maybe you can work with them but I am wondering if they now think they made a mistake when they bought it.
How long have they had it ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 09:22 PM   #5
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
What brand batteries were they ? and did you maintain them by adding distilled water as needed ? checking cables for tightness and corrosion ?
What brand charger did you sell them ?
Was this a series cart and do they have large hills to climb or lever ground.
Tough call on them asking to return it.
I would probably tell them to just bring it back and I would give them their money back but that's me. That is if it were like a couple of weeks since I sold it.
Even if its been a month or two I would try and make it right.
Maybe you can work with them but I am wondering if they now think they made a mistake when they bought it.
How long have they had it ?
The batteries were Duracell sligc110 6v gc2 golf. The charger is the power wise charger that came with the cart. The cart was maintained and water level kept up with. The have had it 3 days. As soon as they got home with it the first day they had problems apparently. Said charged it fully when they got home and went driving it and it was going very very slow. Then today was told it ran for 15-18 mins and then batteries were dead and on red when plugged back up. This was after supposedly fully charged. So I believe something happened hauling it or something. Something came loose or who knows. They did say they checked the batteries and made sure they were all tight. I never had any issues with the cart and drove fine when they tried it out and when loaded onto the trailer. ( batteries were bought June of 2022.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:15 PM   #6
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Txt golf cart losing power after 15 mins

If you’re being honest and they test drove it, were happy and bought it, and now saying it’s not right it’s on them. Who knows what they may have done to it. I’ve bought and sold many used things, golf carts, dirt bikes, atvs, SxSs, a motorcycle and a number of vehicles. Try them out and once cash changes hand deal is done. Now as a seller I always make sure the buyer is aware of any issues if there are any…

They may have gotten it home and decided it’s not the best for their uses…. Who knows…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 11:38 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I don't see how anything could have happened loading it on a trailer but who knows.
I would try and work with them. Ask them what do they want you to do.
Maybe one battery is bad or the charger is just not putting a full charge in them.
Shouldn't these batteries still have a warranty ?
Tough call anyway you look at it.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 06:13 AM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I'd suggest checking the voltage on each individual battery, along with using a hydrometer to test the battery water. Both of those test will provide you with pack and individual battery "health".

If those both check out OK, then it's time to look elsewhere.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 07:19 AM   #9
Winyah
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I don't see how anything could have happened loading it on a trailer but who knows.
I would try and work with them. Ask them what do they want you to do.
Maybe one battery is bad or the charger is just not putting a full charge in them.
Shouldn't these batteries still have a warranty ?
Tough call anyway you look at it.
Yes the batteries still have a full warranty until June. I have the receipt.
Old 05-08-2023, 01:09 PM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Just a word of caution: These "Duracells" are Duracell in name only. They're just glorified Rural Kings and are garbage. At best you'll get 30 minutes of run time, and hope you don't burn up parts from low voltage such as controllers or solenoids. You NEVER want to skimp on cost of batteries--you get what you pay for. These " [s]Duracells[/s] " Rural Kings are meant to crank over an old McCormick Farmall tractor, not sustain a golf car. I don't care if they put 'golf car' on the label. they're starting batteries not EV batteries.

Charger in 'red' as in a PowerWise QE? get rid of that piece of crap and get a real charger. Those things shouldn't even exist in this day and age.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO