lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #41
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Zone cart reliability??

Ok. Zone carts are less reliable then my alcoholic father...
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #42
Nate
Gone Wild

I now have experience with Zone Cars. There are quite a few things I don't like and quite a few things I do like. The Zones appear to have been thought out fairly well when designed but then it seems a lot of things were cut to keep manufacturing costs down.
A lot of EZ-GO parts will fit Zones and when parked next to a Star Car they are almost identical.
I drove one for awhile then totally rewired it but then I totally rewire all my carts. I can run an average speed of 40MPH but not with the factory electronics.
The street legal part is what I was after, where I live they changed the laws a few years ago banning all golf carts from the roads except for a few strong restrictions.

More info if anyone is interested.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #43
giuseppe1110
Not Yet Wild
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ken View Post
Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with zone carts and reliability. I know there are as many aftermarket accessories available but the market is flooded with them after the tax credit. Seems I can get a nearly new 2010 for the price of a 6 or 7 year old ez go. Any thoughts?????
It is the same as Star cart which I am 100% percent sure. Di you buy a Zone car?
giuseppe1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #44
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by giuseppe1110 View Post
It is the same as Star cart which I am 100% percent sure. Di you buy a Zone car?
they r not 100 percent the same zones have diffrent size batts the roofs r diffrent and rear seats r diffrent some zones came with cheap chargers others came with good chargers and the curtis controllers r not programmed to full abilitys
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #45
giuseppe1110
Not Yet Wild
Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete959 View Post
they r not 100 percent the same zones have diffrent size batts the roofs r diffrent and rear seats r diffrent some zones came with cheap chargers others came with good chargers and the curtis controllers r not programmed to full abilitys
Pete,

I have to say you do have a better understanding of the two brand EV.

Star uses fibreglass roof and Zone uses plastic roof.
giuseppe1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #46
Nate
Gone Wild

The Star Cars I looked at are at my local golf cart dealer, they share the same body, frame, suspension and diff as my Zone. I think the charger, roof, batteries and wheels are options the dealer chooses.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #47
wbexum
Not Yet Wild

Nate,

I have a 2010 Zone Spark 48v...1268 Curtis controller showing fault code 5,4...walk away circuit in line fuse problem...help?
wbexum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:14 PM   #48
zoner
Not Yet Wild

Here you go.

柯蒂斯控制器手册

柯蒂斯1268控制器是专为他励电机速度控制器
在各种运输车辆的使用。这些可编程控制器简单
安装,有效且符合成本效益。典型应用包括重型
高尔夫球车,人员运输,负担运营商,以及其他多功能车。
1268控制器提供顺畅,无声的,成本有效控制电机
速度和扭矩。速度传感器输入允许优于闭环控制
用于调节车辆速度。独特的制动参数允许简单,直观
减速调整。全桥励磁绕组控制阶段结合
半桥电枢功率级提供固态电机换向和
无需额外的继电器或接触器的再生制动功率。

Just kidding. I don't know if this will help you but there is a troubleshooting guide for the 1268 Curtis Controller within the first link.

http://curtisinstruments.com/Uploads...anual(12D).pdf
https://www.driveelectric.com/Zone_O...nual_FINAL.pdf
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/zone-...r-manuals.html
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #49
Magnolia_TX_1
Not Yet Wild

Added the battery saver caps in 2014 helped with cable failures. Before that the cheapo cables which came on it and replacements made at local cart shop with plain type crimp connectors would routinely fail one every year.

Changed batteries in 2017 with same brand and capacity for the long drive time. Rewired with all new marine grade crimp terminals and 2 ga wire.

Everything is working perfect. Wire upgrade should have done day one. Total with Amazon items was a few hundred for cable, connectors and crimp marine connectors.

One set of batteries and cables in nine years for a free cart can't be beat. Still runs 25 mph for hours on end. Added a battery saver day one and keep the water level up checking every few months no more.

A little maintenance for a care free, free cart. Not sure why there is so much complaint about these. Like any electric cart. Don't take care and it won't last.
Magnolia_TX_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay