lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #21
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: transporting cart

A guy at work is getting a new truck,He has been doing all the homework,and the 2yr. old trucks are so close(sometimes less than $5000)that its' worth the difference to buy new.He looked all over the area and compared pricing on Internet-locations.He was looking for a 150 and 250 crew-cab short-bed 4x4 and ended up ordering a new one anyway.He said last years models were less than $2500 off of new.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I always buy last years model in August. I typically get 25-30% discount. On a 28 to 35 thousand dollar truck that ain't chump change. My last gasser was 30,000 new and 21,000 after it sat on the lot for a year. I will continue to hunt bargains like that. PS, now 6 years old and 125,000 miles later it is hauling carts & trailers daily without a single major repair.... Your experience may vary
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #23
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

i've got no problem with older stuff,I don't want a payment.My 99 Chevy 3500 van has 235,000.Still runs great,body is good,and makes me money(Service-Truck).I work on new trucks all the time(we are a Fisher-Plow dealer) and i can't believe how people can spend $40-$60k on a pick-up and beat the crap out of it.I built a F-550 dump in 08'(brand new)the sticker was $48,000 for the chassis,Then add a dump-body(close to $10k with options),new V-Plow($5k)and Stainless Tailgate-Salter(over $8K).This truck now has 43,000 miles,is beat to death and falling apart.He just sold it this week.How can you do that to a truck that cost that much?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #24
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Best bang for the buck is between F150 and Silverado.Go with the 3.5 Ecotech on the 150 only if you don't plan on towing more than something the size of your cart,otherwise go with the 5.0.I would measure the bed on the 150 as i don't know the inside width on them.Other than that they are fairly equal.The Tundra is pricey both at purchase and repairs,and the fuel-mileage is said to be low by many people.Hope this helps.
The ecotec can tow quite a bit more than the 5.0 and the ecotec will get better fuel economy.
braxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

Got a 2011 F-150 with the 5.0 V8, same one in the Mustang.

I'll be hauling a cart in the bed, and towing one in a trailer, so 2 carts total. I think the 5.0 can handle it.
VCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #26
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The problem with the Ecotech towing as per Ford Sales-Reps that we know personally,is that the economy drops so much when towing heavy-loads or pulling hills loaded,that the 5.0 is the better option.The horse/torque numbers are very close between the 2,close-enough that they are mostly irrellevant-differences,but the cubic-inches win-out towing.A fact:Turbo gas-engines drink fuel under boost,and are moderately powered without boost.Turbo-Diesels love boost and still get mileage/power without boost.I've played with turbos' since High-School(late 80's)on everything from bikes to semis'.They have there place,but in this case I feel the N/A 5.0 will be a better choice if you are doing any towing over 1500lbs.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #27
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I always buy last years model in August. I typically get 25-30% discount. On a 28 to 35 thousand dollar truck that ain't chump change. My last gasser was 30,000 new and 21,000 after it sat on the lot for a year. I will continue to hunt bargains like that. PS, now 6 years old and 125,000 miles later it is hauling carts & trailers daily without a single major repair.... Your experience may vary
Finding "last year's" model with a long bed is almost impossible. I did my homework about a month ago by searching website inventory lists, and even the current inventory didn't have many long beds with V8s; V6s yes, V8s few. Hence I got a 2011 F-150 long bed with 7 miles on the odometer. These are very popular work/utility trucks. I only got $300 over invoice. But the 6.5' beds are wheeled and dealed all the time.
VCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #28
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can also go to a tuner and buy a flash programer like a SCT and have multiple tunes for economy and towing. We do it all the time.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #29
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
The problem with the Ecotech towing as per Ford Sales-Reps that we know personally,is that the economy drops so much when towing heavy-loads or pulling hills loaded,that the 5.0 is the better option.The horse/torque numbers are very close between the 2,close-enough that they are mostly irrellevant-differences,but the cubic-inches win-out towing.A fact:Turbo gas-engines drink fuel under boost,and are moderately powered without boost.Turbo-Diesels love boost and still get mileage/power without boost.I've played with turbos' since High-School(late 80's)on everything from bikes to semis'.They have there place,but in this case I feel the N/A 5.0 will be a better choice if you are doing any towing over 1500lbs.
First of sales men are good at selling BUT I work in the OEM writting the repair manuals for new Ford vehicles. I've driven the F150 with all 4 available engine options. I was present when pickuptrucks.com did testing of the truck with a 3.5, 5.0 and 6.2L in Milan Michigan.
The 3.5L will tow more and get better economy doing it. Turbocharging is the "sweet spot" for econmy and torque. Belive me I've also been involved with turbo performance cars since around 1995 , by 1997 I was running 11.89 at 118mph in the quarter mile in my 2.2L turbo Omni. Then more recently (2009) my 1987 Turbo Regal V6 ran 9.90's in the quarter mile.
Just because a engine has smaller displacement doesn't mean it is any less of a powerplant. Effeciency plays a large role, it's all about air and fuel.
Another plus for the 3.5 is that it makes about 11% more torque than the 5.0 even at around HALF the rpm. We all now it is TORQUE that moves weight.

3.5L = 365 hp (272 kW) @ 5000 rpm and 420 lb·ft (570 N·m) @ 2500 rpm
5.0L = 360 hp (270 kW) @ 5500 rpm and 380 lb·ft (520 N·m) @ 4250 rpm

The 3.5L is rated to tow the SAME weight as the much larger 6.2L at 11,300 pounds.
While the 5.0L is rated to tow 9,800 pounds (About 13% less than the 3.5L)

The 3.5L is an all around better engine, hence the reason for the additional cost to add the option.
braxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #30
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCTech View Post
Hey all, what would you suggest to transport my stock Club Car Precedent or EZGO PDS? I do not want to use a trailer.

I'm looking into buying a new vehicle primarily for the purpose of transporting my cart. I looked at all the full size trucks: Silverado, F150, Ram, Tundra, and none of them seem like you can just put a golf cart in the bed because the wheel wells.

Is a flatbed truck my only option?
well,..... i have a 2003 GMC x-tra cab with a short bed and i can easily drive my club car into the back and haul it. or....... take a look at this: it might work for you and be thousands cheaper.
http://officespam.chattablogs.com/ar...the-south.html
after the page loads up there is a pic of and old beater car with a four wheeler loaded on its roof. i think this could be easily done with a golf cart too.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO