lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is this battery ruined or can I still salvage it?

I agree about matching batteries,but if they are only a year old,have the remaining ones tested and replace the ones needed.I work on Heavy-Trucks,I know how important it is to match them,but if they aren't very old then it won't hurt.Batteries Plus is a battery seller,Go to a place like Interstate,etc.. that actually services batteries or a Fork-Lift dealer.Our local Interstate Dealer repairs/refurbs batteries in-house,I just got a Blem last nite for my plow-truck @ $35.Ask around too,Sometimes they have "used" that are actually new-returns(thought they needed it and didn't)We buy car batteries from Advance-Auto all the time that are new-returns for 1/2 of new.Sometimes dealers have 6-8 volt batts.and no buyers so they will deal to get them out of inventory.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #12
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry79 View Post
ive used batteries that looked worse than yours, ride it!!
If you’re going to be stupid…..you have to be tough
firemedic898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
I agree about matching batteries,but if they are only a year old,have the remaining ones tested and replace the ones needed.I work on Heavy-Trucks,I know how important it is to match them,but if they aren't very old then it won't hurt.Batteries Plus is a battery seller,Go to a place like Interstate,etc.. that actually services batteries or a Fork-Lift dealer.Our local Interstate Dealer repairs/refurbs batteries in-house,I just got a Blem last nite for my plow-truck @ $35.Ask around too,Sometimes they have "used" that are actually new-returns(thought they needed it and didn't)We buy car batteries from Advance-Auto all the time that are new-returns for 1/2 of new.Sometimes dealers have 6-8 volt batts.and no buyers so they will deal to get them out of inventory.Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input. The batteries are actually 1 year and 9 months old so I really don’t want to mix them. I would probably be fine but I really don’t want to chance killing the others in a year’s time. Plus, I’ve paid this insurance company thousands and thousands of dollars over the past 10 years and have never filed a claim. They are there “just in case” something like this happens and it did. They should do what I’ve been paying them to do.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #14
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
ive used batteries that looked worse than yours, ride it!!
Man I hope that guy was kidding…… There’s no way I would ride it, much less my family.
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

nope, i actually had a battery catch fire (wrench) and used it for two more years in a lil beater truck i used to have, you could wiggle the posts!!.........i like your way of thinkin firemedic, im not stupid, just tough!!
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #16
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
nope, i actually had a battery catch fire (wrench) and used it for two more years in a lil beater truck i used to have, you could wiggle the posts!!.........i like your way of thinkin firemedic, im not stupid, just tough!!
Ha, I would have defiantly switched to full coverage. No disrespect intended on the "stupid", just something we say around the fire station!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

alot of my friends are fireman, if the worse you say is "stupid" at the fire hall your slackin!!
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #18
ChargerGuy
Not Yet Wild

So, I am curious about the outcome with your genius adjuster. Since you found something in writing, are they going to pay for the whole lot to be replaced?
ChargerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #19
wizardket
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I opened my truck hood yesterday and saw that one of the two batteries (Diesel) had blown the top off. Though I am not going to try to keep using it.
wizardket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #20
firemedic898
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys, the insurance people are still debating on the issue. The representative called and said they only replace what the adjuster recommends, even after I sent her all the paper work. I even have a statement from a major battery company saying that mixing batteries this old could overcharge some and create some to burst. So……….we will see
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO