lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #21
mnoracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: comet ind. duster clutch fix/rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
rusty did a great job, but i believe it was for the driven clutch. for the drive clutch (the one on the engine) if you have enough room you can pull the cover off in the cart. just one large bolt and 6 small bolts under very little pressure. then you can inspect it and see if anything is broken or frozen.
if this doesn,t work you will need a puller to take off the clutch. what year is your cart? i can explain how to remove a 2cycle one but not sure on the 4 cycle.
sorry for the bad pic, but does your clutch look like this?
It is the clutch attached to the engine that I think is giving me a problem. No, my clutch does not look like your picture, but my motor is a 2 cycle, 1988 2pg robin 244cc. I think I have enough room to pull the cover off, but I don't know how. There is one large bolt in the back that takes a 16mm socket to remove. I don't see any other bolts that can be removed. I think I need a puller, then I may not have enough room to pull it out. Photo attached, thanks! still need more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090549.jpg (86.9 KB, 5 views)
mnoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
mnoracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

just realized i missed the hole second page of this post. after reading it though, i still have no idea of how to get this thing off the cart, and apart. could someone spell it out like you were talking to a three year old for me?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #23
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: comet ind. duster clutch fix/rebuild

pm me with your phone number hope its verizon lol

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #24
mnoracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! I will pm you with my number, and hopefully we can talk this weekend. Right now I'm not where the cart is. I do have verizon too! Gotta go for now, dinner time. What time zone are you in?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #25
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

1. Remove the clutch from the engine crankshaft PTO.
2. Using the washer (20574 and puller bolt (205747), thread the bolt into the clutch stem approximately 1/2”.
3. Rap the head of the puller bolt briskly with a hammer several times until the cover springs loose. This also allows further disassembly of 94C.
4. To reassemble, place the cover in position, align the flats of the post
with the flats in the cover. Use the washer (20574 and the puller bolt
and tighten until top of cover is flush with tip end of stem. Remove the
puller bolt and washer...CAUTION! Before final installation see
instructions which come with clutch.
NEVER PRY OR BEAT ON THE COVER (205760) TO BREAK IT LOOSE FOR REMOVAL FROM THE ASSEMBLY! Use the PULLER BOLT furnished
and follow this procedure.
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #26
doug38s
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

OK I took a look at what I have left over from my clutch going and this is what I have.

I have 4 of these pucks.
2 are easily labled 7/8ths that I can see.
2 have markings but I have no idea what size they are?

Also, the stock 94c set up uses 3 7/8th pucks so I know I need to get one more. Then 4 more of the others. When I go to put it back together is there a certain order that they need to go in for the 9 slots the clutch has? Or should I just go ahead and buy all new pucks. What would adding one more 7/8th puck do?
doug38s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #27
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Well they are both for a ribbed cover clutch. The 7/8 with the steel insert is P/N 211482 53.5 oz in weight. If the other is also a 7/8" hole then it is P/N 215127 17.3 oz in weight. You need to keep same weight pucks in a "triangle" relationship in the clutch. It is kind of rare to see mixed weights in one. I had a 94C set up for 4 cycle that had all 9 53.5 oz pucks and a silver spring.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #28
doug38s
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ok just so I keep this in my head right does the 7/8th refer to the overall size of the puck and not the hole correct because the hole I'm looking at doesnt look 7/8ths of an inch big.

Or am I confused.
doug38s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #29
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

It does refer to the hole size. They have 3/4, 7/8 and 1" holes (to lose the weight) or they plug the holes with steel to add weight. There is also a solid puck, right in the middle as far as weight goes..........
Old 08-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #30
tweaked
Not Yet Wild

Resurrecting this old thread with a question....

I have this clutch and I want to remove 3 of the 9 pucks in it now but I don't have the time or desire to rip everything apart to get it off (nor do I have a puller).

Can you just put a couple of C-clamps on the outsides of the inner and outer faces and squeeze it together to get access to the pucks? Anyone see a problem with that?
tweaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO