lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Default Always Try the Simple Stuff First!!!!

Alright newbies like me, there is a reason these guys tell us to check the simple stuff first- Many times our problems can be fixed simply! Case in point, the other day, my 06 series cart, fresh off charger, went about 30 ft, stopped dead in it's tracks. I immediately thought "Oh no, my solenoid, controller or motor went bad!" Well, I regrouped, and pressed the pedal again, I realized I heard the solenoid clicking. Check. I looked at the voltage meter, and it was dropping all the way from 38.4 to 0 when I hit the pedal. Note to self "Take foot off the pedal." I began to look under the seat and try to figure out what size wrenches I'd need to take the cover off the controller and solenoid. Then it hit me. I've seen 1000 times where everyone tells guys to check all their cable connections. Although I'd already done this the last time I drove the cart when I checked the water in the batteries, I decided, "What the heck? It might be something simple." So I felt all the connections and they all felt ok; except one, between the 2nd and 3rd battery in series. It was hot as fire. I grabbed the cable, gave it a good tug, and bam, the connection was a little loose on the third battery. Tightened it up, and cart is running strong as ever! Voltage drop also improved significantly, and the voltage also comes back up a lot quicker. Apparently, I overlooked this loose connection when I had checked them before. I said all that to say this- Make sure you check your connections if you have a problem; even if you just checked them yesterday, and be sure to check them at least monthly. Sometimes the simplist things can solve the most complex problems!
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
batteries, ezgo, movement, quit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO