lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
STX-Mark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 6” Long Travel Lift - Footprint Question

Hello everyone. After several weeks of reading, I’ve realized that a long travel lift kit might solve my trail riding frustrations at the deer lease. Last year I purchased a used 2006 CC Precedent and the dealer had installed a new ASM-P6A lift. For my preference, I found the ride a bit too rough for my terrain.

Question: Does anybody know in order by brand which 6" LT kit offers the least forward footprint of the front tires once installed. The reason for the question, I store my Club Car in a storage container at the deer lease and I can get the doors to shut with only a couple inches to spare with my existing A-Arm lift. Width is not as much of an issue with my storage needs. Just length.

I remember one poster comparing the different providers and as I recall Jakes had one of the longer footprints maybe second to Stretch. Correct me if I’m wrong, but does All Sports probably has the smallest footprint? Hard to gague from pictures.

Thanks,
Mark
STX-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
KlubKarter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 6” Long Travel Lift - Footprint Question

I have just installed the newest 6" lift from All Sports on my 06 Precedent. So, I just measured the wheelbase for you and it is 70" axel to axel.
The only thing I dont like about the kit is: When you have the shocks set to the softest setting there is a lot of sag. I am going to move the shock mount point up a bit higher and see if that give me back the lift level I am looking for.
KlubKarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
STX-Mark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

KK, thank you very much for taking that measurement. So to confirm, the 70 inches is taken off a Long Travel lift correct? If so it shouldn’t affect me at all as my current All Sport A-Arm lift is about 68" or 69" from center axel to axel. I should be able to close the storage door with a couple inches to spare. Thx
STX-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
KlubKarter
Not Yet Wild

Yepper it us the All Sports 6" long travel kit
If you facebook I have detail pics of my build to date. Send me your Facebook name and I'll send you a friend request and you can what it look like installed.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...r-project.html

Last edited by KlubKarter; 07-19-2011 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: to add a picture
KlubKarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car