lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
jaytee50
JT!

Club Car

Default 2002 DS IQ behaviour

if i press the accelerator, at least half way to the floor, will creep along slowly at walking speed or slower, the motor kind of clunks (stutters)

if i put the pedal to the floor, after 2-3 seconds, it will slowly accelerate, eventually getting to its top speed, which a assume to be about 15-20 mph after about 10-15 seconds.

there seems to be 2 positions that respond.
---50% which will creep along with a stutter.
---100% which will do its 'slow acceleration' to max, if i keep the pedal on the floor.

i realize there is a 'computer' which controls the behaviour. it will even beep and stop the cart if i start rolling while not pressing the pedal.

if i am going downhill and let go of the pedal, it will just coast, and even go faster but the computer doesnt really attempt to stop it (assume thats normal)

---how do i know if the regen is working?

is there a post which goes into detail about how the IQ performs?
can i mod the computer in some way to get a better response?
i am not looking to do burn outs, or to break any speed records.... just thinking i might be missing something .....

maybe i just need to reset the obc (if i have one) or maybe this behaviour is entirely by design.

we have 5 kids, and i sometimes leave them on the cart, i really like the anti-runaway feature ..... so no i dont want to remove any safety features ....
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 DS IQ behaviour

all the computer does is control the charging system, sounds like a speed sensor issue.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
jaytee50
JT!

Club Car

does the speed sensor come into play if the cart is NOT moving and the motor is NOT spinning either?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes , theres a simple test you can do but i can,t tell you the 100% right way but if you do a serch thur the forums its listed many times......all you need do is push the cart by hand a few feet and it will either beep or not ........try a serch its in here..............................
Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
jaytee50
JT!

Club Car

yes it will beep if pushed by hand, and then it wont let me push anymore
Old 07-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

wait for someone who knows for sure but i think that means its good i think.......................
Old 07-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
jaytee50
JT!

Club Car

oddly though i dont think the regen works, as when i am driving downhill and let go of the pedal, i dont feel a resistance from the motor when going downhill it just coasts faster and faster unless i use the brakes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car