lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
jknosp
Not Yet Wild

Default 1979 Caroche solenoid issue?

The issue is when you barely push the "gas" pedal it stutters. If you give it more gas hen it takes off fine. Is this a bad soleniod? If so which one?

Then the next questions are: Part number and where do you buy one?

I'll install it myself

Thanks for any input!
jknosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1979 Caroche solenoid issue?

that sounds more like a battery issue you need to test and load test each battery...........it only takes one..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
jknosp
Not Yet Wild

Well, I was thinking solenoid because it has been doing it for the 4 years we have owned it and the batteries were new back then
Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

how many solenoids? 5 can you jack the rear up and run it thur its paces see if they are all clicking and speed increase at every click starting with the 2nd one.................most cases when a cart stutters when you hit pedal its a lack of voltage so either batteries, or battery or cable issues..........it won,t hurt to load test the batteries and make sure cables are all ok......you need to eliminate them as problem 1st then we go from there................if it is a solenoid it would be the 2nd one from the left drivers side...........its a 36 volt solenoid and you need a golfcart solenoid...............try any of the site sponsers here they will hook you up............................
Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i had a problem like this i think it is the accelerator, i cannot think of the word at the moment what it is called but its in a black box under the driver side in between the batteries EDIT: its called a speed switch

Last edited by 1001; 05-31-2012 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: EDIT: its called a speed switch
1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
i had a problem like this i think it is the accelerator, i cannot think of the word at the moment what it is called but its in a black box under the driver side in between the batteries EDIT: its called a speed switch
this cart has nothing like that ( v-glide ) its to old its a 5 solenoid resistor cart..................................
Old 07-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
jknosp
Not Yet Wild

The name of the caroche when we got it was Stuttering Stanley. Well it's time to rename it! 25.00 and a half an hour of work and we are smooth. Thanks so much for the help.

My wife is angry that it took me 4 years to fix it, LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Hazzard_01
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

So the problem was the solenoid?
Hazzard_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
jknosp
Not Yet Wild

Nope not really. It fixed it at first, but now its back to the same old stutter. I replaced one battery when I replaced the solenoid because the terminal was shot, so maybe the new battery was part of the temporary fix, but still dunno. I think 4 of the six batteries are 2005, but this cart has always done this so I still dont know...
Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your certain its not a solenoid or battery issue but if cart ran fine after you changed them for awhile......i would look at batteries again and load test them................i don,t beleive its a motor issue.....you sure a cable didn,t come loose somewhere?.....................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car