lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
ADOUGA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default TXT software or chip

I recently got a 2009 txt. How do I confirm if it has a speed chip or updated software for higher speeds? The cart seems fairly fast but I would like to confirm the update without going to a dealer.
ADOUGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: TXT software or chip

Need additional info...Is the cart a series or PDS cart...easy way to tell is, does it have a run/tow switch and is the forward/reverse operated by a switch on the dash or a lever between your legs...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
ADOUGA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It has a tow/run switch. Controls are on the dash.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So you have an EZ Go PDS model...if your cart has a speed chip it will go about 19 mph I believe.best way to check is to simply drive at top speed with IPhone gps and see what speed your going...can take controller cover off and see if it's been upgraded to alltrax or has chip also
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
Blue Chip
Gone Wild

Another option - if you are at full speed and take your foot off of the gas - what happens? Do you slow down dramatically or does the cart coast? The PDS has a regen function. When the speed chip is installed it pretty much removes it - allowing the cart to coast.

You can always take the cover off of the controller - 4 bolts - and look at the white plug. If it has a red wire creating a loop - that's a speed chip. IIRC there are also yellow and blue or green ones... The red is the speed chip though. It's basically just a jumper.
Blue Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
laserbudd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi,
I am a "newby" at the pleasure of owning a cart, so bear with me, please.
I have just installed a "speed chip" in my 2007 PDS cart. It has 4 wires, so I am thinking that it is the right one.
Anyway, got it installed (unfortunatly, I did NOT know about removing the "B-" terminal before taking the Controller cover loose) and now it will only run 5 MPH.
Before I put the chip in, I clocked it (by IPhone GPS) @ 12+ MPH.
What do I need to check to correct this problem?
Thanks for any advice and I do enjoy this Forum. Excellent resource!!
Budd
laserbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
ADOUGA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The cart does slow down after the gas is released, but not dramatically. I’ll pop off the controller and take a look at the wiring.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No need to pop the cover. Put it in maintenance mode and the number of beeps will tell you what chip is in it. 4 is the speed chip, 1 is the standard speed. Put cart in neutral, then rock the FNR switch from N to R 5 times stopping at N. It will beep the codes. To get it out of this mode, flip the run/tow to tow then back to run

I forgot, I think key off
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
ADOUGA
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

How do I put it in maintenance mode? Is that what you are describing with rocking the FNR switch? Also, the cart does not beep at all. It may have been disabled because I think it was on a golf course before I got it. Beeping carts are not good for the back swing.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it does not have the reverse buzzer, the above won't help. Put the cart in tow, pull a battery cable and pull the controller cover. If there is a chip, it will be on the top passenger side of the controller. I also would seriously think about hooking the buzzer back up. They can be muffled with a piece of electrical tape and it restores the ability to use maintenance mode as well as someone around you knows you are backing up.. safety...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO