lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
custom99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help - 2 stroke bogging down

1995 2 stroke. I just got this cart recently. The throttle safety switch was eliminated by the previous owner. when the ignition switch is turned on the cart idles. Ran great when i picked it up. After sitting a few days I was going to use it. turned the key on, cart idles, press throttle and just bogs. I changed the plug, fuel filter, and fuel lines. It ran great for about a half hour. It then sat 2 days and did the same thing. Just bogs down when hitting the throttle. After idling for about 10 minutes the throttle started responding a little. Played with throttle for about 5 minutes and the cart started running fine. It runs fantastic when its running right (quick and pulls hills fine) except it still seems to bog after giving it more than 1/2 throttle. Any help you can give me? I bought this cart for a camping trip next weekend and I really need to figure this out. When it bogs it just bogs down and does not stall.
custom99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help - 2 stroke bogging down

A few things.I think you have the wrong year,Ez-Go dropped 2-strokes in the late 80's(89?).If it only idles,and bogs when you give throttle,it could be a dirty-carb(tear-down and clean good),weak fuel-pump,weak spark,bad crank-seals.Clean the carb,install a new spark-plug,and mix some fresh gas(1oz./gal.)and use Super-Unleaded.Make sure your choke is working properly,if its' closed,it will bog and flood-out.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
custom99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I will give the carb a good cleaning. I am going by the info that I got on shopezgo.com as far as the two stroke. I put in the serial number in their model search and thats what it says I have. I was wondering about the fuel pump. I put in a glass inline fuel filter and it never fills with fuel. Just a small amount in the bottom.I did not figure it was a problem since the engine never actually stalls out. The only thing i checked there was that I seem to have good pressure in the hose coming from the engine to the pump.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does it have one or two spark plugs? If 2 then you have a 4 stroke. Also you said that it idles what do you mean by that? does it idle and run with out touching the pedal? this could be part of your trouble the linkage to the carb or from the governor may be so far out of adjustment it has no run for top response.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
custom99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have one spark plug. It does sit there and run without touching the pedal. It just bogs but doesnt stall when pressing the pedal. It did not have that 2 stroke sound until it sat there and idled for a long time. Its weird bedause I have it running in the garage and dont get smoked out until it starts sounding like a two stroke and the idle picks up a little. It then starts smoking like a two stroke. I did put all fresh gas mixed 1oz/gallon the day I got it. Tomorrow is the first that I will be able to mess with it again. Are there any threads on governor adjustments here?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

don't mean to sound dumb but are you sure it's a 95 ezgo not a club car?
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
custom99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It has ezgo badges on the front and rear, has an ezgo plate on passenger side that says ezgo/textron with the serial number, and shopezgo.com has a model number serial number search and it comes up with an ezgo beverage car. I have not found club car anywhere on it. What would the difference be between them? I still cant find any other info or a picture anywhere on line of any thing that looks like this(lifted or not). Only info I could get so far is through ezgo. I have the info that I got from ezgo in my photo album description.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Post the numbers from the tags,You may have a mutt(older-parts/newer cart).Some pics would help as well(cart and engine).If it idles,then either somone wired it that way,or the pedal-switch is stuck.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
custom99
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The pedal switch was eliminated. They just wire nutted the wire together. I will get some pics of the engine tomorrow.

The tag says:
EZ-GO Textron
Model number BC360GX
Serial number A23018
Code MO791
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0644 (2).jpg (203.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0640.jpg (159.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0639.jpg (89.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0637.jpg (156.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I just saw the pics,is the motor mounted upright(spark-plug on top,belt running front to back)or does the plug face the tire,and the belt runs sideways?If its' sideways,its an older drivetrain.The cart is a 91,by the Tag.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO