lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Parseeker
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow only, after 5 months storage

I have a 2011 Yamaha YDRA, left it in the garage (in FL) during the summer. Upon returning today, it turns over and catches but only runs at low speed, dies off. There seems to be no gas flowing through the filter line. So I disconnected that line and blew through the hose back to the tank and it was clear; gas spewed out the tube afterwards. I also added a gallon of fresh gas to the 1/4 full tank, all of which gas was treated with Marine Sta-Bil. So, what can I try now? Sheesh - is this an ethanol-in-the-gas problem??? Thanks for any help. Dave
Parseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Slow only, after 5 months storage

Sounds like a plugged fuel pump or carb. Take the fuel line off that goes to the carb and spin the engine over. It should squirt out pretty good. If not, you have a plugged fuel pump. If it squirts good, look to the carb, a good cleaning will be in order.

Since it's a 2011 I'm surprised that it's having an issue. Check the air filter and spark plug also just in case.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Parseeker
Not Yet Wild

Thanks much - I do have gas out of the fuel pump line, so it must be a clogged carb. So, I tried carb cleaner down the intake air throat but after half a can, it didn't clear up. I started worrying about backfiring or other bad things.

I am a little timid to take the carb apart...any suggestions before I do that...or how to make that job easier? Looks like a bit of a pain to get to.

Dave
Parseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Buckstivers
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

the bowl on the bottom of the carb may have a drain screw you can empty. If it doesnt just take the bowl off and drain it. It may have some water in the bowl which sets there and wont let enough gas go through to run wide open.The float will not open enough.
Buckstivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha