lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
zuki1018
Not Yet Wild

Default Driven sheave will NOT come off!!!

G16 ...broke cartspartsplus 10mm puller bolts with impact before many attempts. Just tried my bearing slide hammer and again broke new 10mm bolt head off!! I expected some trouble but jeeze. How about adding heat?
zuki1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
zuki1018
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Driven sheave will NOT come off!!!

Heat did the trick eventually on the 3rd try... "finally". Torque kit, new rollers, new high/perf belt was worth the frustrations. Im impressed with the before and after. I could hardly get wheel spin in a mud puddle with these 25x9's before.

Look how bad these rollers were! ...all the while i thought the lips on each end was a washer/seal of sorts... not remaining metal from wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yami6.jpg (30.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

WOW! I've never seen....wait, mine was that bad! LOL!

Glad you got it fixed. Doesn't it feel good to actually get results for your hard work!! As Hannibal Smith says "I love it when a plan comes together!"
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
zuki1018
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
WOW! I've never seen....wait, mine was that bad! LOL!

Glad you got it fixed. Doesn't it feel good to actually get results for your hard work!! As Hannibal Smith says "I love it when a plan comes together!"
Yesssir... Very rewarding. This new belt it pretty tight to the point it acts like a brake and make it tough to change forward/reverse ..gotta look into this later today
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha