lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
james dawson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2005 gas clubcar

I've been informed theres a cooling fan for these engines thats built in and it could be the problem, any ideas on that?
james dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
james dawson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well it's Sunday and I removed the carb and took it apart (really not much too it] and blew it out. I could not find anything obvious. The float seemed to set normal and the cup was full of gas so it my guess is that may not be the problem. The cart started up as usual but still the hesitation. I'm wondering if there might be some adjustment in the linkage that I could check. I depress the pedal and the engine starts spinning but will not start and as I depress the pedal further it will gradually sputter and start running. Very disconcerting since one of my friends has over a thousand hrs and runs like a champ. I'm almost ready to throw in the towel.................
Old 09-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
james dawson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I tried to post but it didn't go through. I had the carb all apart and everything seemed visually ok. Blew everything out, float looked normal and the bottom cup was full of gas when I took it apart and the carb was very clean. Put it back together and still hesitates kinda like an old carb where the plunger is wore out. You just about have to push the excellarter to the floor befor it tries to come to life. I'm about at my wits end........what else can it be? Fuel pump works......
Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
james dawson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After cleaning carb it seems to run better but still way to hot....what else can I do short of hauling it to a Club Car dealer?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

There's a couple of things to look for if it's still running hot:

The spark plug... make sure it's the right one! it should be an NGK BP5ES, (for NGK, the lower the number, the hotter the plug is)
BPR5ES is a resistor plug... It'll work fine, but, not necessarily needed per Club Car.
If you haven't replaced it already, now wouldn't be a bad time! the gap should be .027 to .031 (or .029)

And yes... there is a cooling fan!
It's located on the opposite side of the drive clutch, just below the engine bar code tag,
there's a cover that's held on by 4 Phillip screws, Remove that, and that will expose the fan! (see pics of my 07 below)
My buddies 94 was CAKED with dust and debris, but it wasn't running noticeably hot.

other then that... I got nuthin'!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003 (2).JPG (70.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 005 (2).JPG (67.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (2).JPG (55.4 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm intrigued by the thought of knowing exactly how many hours my cart has. Did the Champions Edition come with an hour meter, or is there a way for us Precedent guys to view time on the motor?
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Rep, if your cart didn't come with an hour meter originally, then, sorry.... no!

And just a note:
Feel free to click on the "New Thread" tab at the top left of the main forum page to ask questions about your cart,
rather then posting somewhat unrelated questions in someone elses thread!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car