lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio and Accessories: Seperate battery or cart batteries?

Guys....see if these photos are clear....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0588.jpg (63.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0587.jpg (55.0 KB, 0 views)
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Comments in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor1 View Post
All the pictures and info really help.

I think I'm going to run a dome light, front/rear lights, under cart led and a radio off a new 12v battery. Just deciding now what to get.

Looked at a lot of the marine radios, and it seems that even though they're marine they still need to be inside a waterproof enclosure. I'm also considering simply getting a marine Ipod amp and speakers, as most of my listening will be off my ipod/iphone anyway.

Mine is simply an automotive stereo. Since they are installed in convertibles and see temps from over 100° to 0° F, they often experience condensing environments. Just keep them protected from direct rain and they should be fine

As for the lights. I have the cut in front/rear lights for the ezgo and purchased some waterproof LED strips for under the cart (color changing, really cool). The dome light is off a Tomberlin cart, and is a rear view mirror with a dome light built in.

From looking at all the setups it seems like the proper way to wire all this is through a fuse box. Any suggestions on this, or do I just go out and get a marine fuse box? Also, are you running the grounding bus from the fuse box to the negative on the battery?

I bought a marine fuse block that had a grounding bus. It can be connected to the battery negative.

Lastly, if I use the 12v port for charging also, do I run it straight to the battery, bypassing the fuse box?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #23
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ran my power port directly to the 12v battery..I also connected a Blue Sea 5025 fuse block which had the negative ground post to it.
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Cool beans guys. Razor there are many ways to do this stuff and I think you are right on track with your plans. I like the bluesea power center idea too. Get one with a ground bus and plenty of fuse circuits. No need to go cheap when $10 bucks more can get you additional circuits and marine protection. Just make sure you get ATO style and not the glass fuses. if you want to go with the mini ATO you can do that too but not every place sells the mini fuses so they are harder to find.

You said you already have a plug and receptical for plugging in the charge circuit? I don't think you need to worry about fusing the charging circuit, your charger should have the protection built in. A different plug specifically for the accessory circuit is never a bad idea. Just to idiot proof the stuff. http://www.andersonpower.com/product...onnectors.html is kinda what I did, but it still doesn't keep me from paying the stupid tax

As for the stereo install. I have to say Canine_Rescue did come up with a very creative way to stereo his cart. Cheap too. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...your-ride.html

Good luck man, make sure you keep us informed.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #25
razor1
Gone Wild

I ran into some marine switch panels that have built in fuses. Anyone use these? Any reason not to use them?
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #26
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

There is only one reason I wouldn't use those type of breakers, it's because every time one pops, it loses a little of it's self worth. Of course if you never have a system that will pop a breaker, then no problem. For me I never get away that easily. They are nice and tight though.

Wait. What do you mean by the built in style? The glass ones that you plug the end or the cap style with the circuit breaker behind the panel. I'm referring to the Circuit breaker style. If you like the ones where you place the glass fuse in it. Than so be it. They all work and the meaning is the same with all of them.

Last edited by Gonkulor; 09-28-2012 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: grr. I'm dumb
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO