lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
trucktramp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No back up

I have a 2006 TXT/PDS that I had out last night. I had been driving around forward and using reverse as needed and everything worked fine. Eventually, I had to back up a small hill and the cart would not move. I thought the batteries had gone dead but when I got to where I could go forward, the cart took off normally. I stopped and tried to back up again and still no reverse. The volt monitor (factory) showed a nearly full charge. The cart continued to move forward at what seemed to be a normal speed. I got home and charged the batteries and everything was fine. What gives? Is the loss of reverse an early warning that the batteries are going flat? Sorry about the length of this post.
trucktramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No back up

It could be your directional rocker switch... to check swap the top and bottom wires and see if the problem follows the wires or stays with the switch.

Many PDS controllers die in one direction first... then the other.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO