lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
doobie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replace batteries

normal life span with well took care of is between 5-8 yrs. if not took care of they last at the most 5yrs. the best way to test each battery is with hydrometer it tests the specific gravity in each cell. they are coming out with digital testers for the batterys but not accurate yet. where i work we got a guy who comes in with all kinds of testers and tests . when it comes to g.c batteries he uses hydrometer first then uses tester. he said the hard part of a tester in the curve. by this i mean when you buy a gc battery they will actually get better as you use them then when they top out they start back down. and every battery manufacturer out there there curve is differant. thats why its hard for digital testers to give accurate readings.

but as far as your batteries i say start saving and shopping looking for best ones that you want. you might have about a year left. depending on the previous owner maintenance.
doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replace batteries

Well, here is my "Battery story". I bought my cart 5 years ago. I had it built for off road....primarily hunting. It's an EZ-GO txt and has all heavy duty "stuff" on it, brush guard, differential skid plate, limited slip, 48-V, Alltrax-500 amp Controller, front Jakes disc, front baskets for "stuff", gun and bow racks.

It "came" with 6, 8-V Excide batteries and everything I read kept telling me I should get about 12 miles from a full charge. Well, even from day one, there was no way I was getting 12 miles from a full charge. Maybe 6 at the very best.

Fast forward to today, and it's been 5 years, winter is coming...hunting season is coming and I am a "preventive maintenance" kind of person, so I replaced the Excide batteries with 8 6-Volt Trojan T-105's.

Well.....Hotchie-Mamma Oh my goodness!!! NOW for sure no doubt I can get 12 miles out of a charge. Heck.....I go places that only Superman can go!! (Well.....not really....but I will only say that 'cause I'm on the internet and no one can call me a liar)

So, Ummm....Yeah. It worked out OK.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO