lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Bartman711
Not Yet Wild

Default Jake's 4" Lift Install lessons learned

All,

I just finished installing some new wheels, tires and Jake's 4" lift kit on my 03 Club Car. Below are some lessons that I learned in the process.

1. Safely glasses (I am lucky I used them as I had dirt and rust falling into my face
2. Rubber gloves and old clothes (that is if you are messy as me)
3. Grease gun to grease the new zerks and the old ones while you are under there
4. Get a pickle fork or a ball joint puller, you will need them (this will save you from messing up the threads on your ball joints)
5. Flashlight to help see in to some of the dark areas and a line hole
6. Put all your loose nuts and bolt in a jar or bowl so you do not lose them on the ground
7. Pickup some new cotter pins, you should replace them old ones and if you get some in your package, you may drop one and they are not easy to find
8. Have a can of penetrating oil on hand for those stubborn nuts and blots
9. A dead head hammer and rubber mallet are also of us
10. Be prepared to replace some of the older nuts and bolts (do not toss them out as you will need them to match up to new ones from your local auto supply store)
11. Air tools are a help but not needed
12. Wheel bearing grease
13. Having a second set of hands is nice
14. Jack stands and a jack are a must for safety and to lift the rear axle so that you can install the rear spring upgrade and or the kits lifting block
15. I had an issue once completed where my starter grounding cable pulled out of its connector do to the real lift (I think my starter is a replaced item do to the grounding location). I replaced it with a nice new batter cable. This worked out fantastic.
16. Request a color PDF of the instruction (the instructions are not the best but the color copy is much clearer then the provided B&W copy)
17. Overall it was a fun project and my cart looks and runs great now
Bartman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
bigkid
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jake's 4" Lift Install lessons learned

18- post pictures
bigkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
DaDuke1962
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good to know, Thanks for sharing, I cannot afford to have one installed so I'm planning on doing it all myself.
DaDuke1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkid View Post
18- post pictures
Being a new member and only 1 post he may not be able to. But yeah I'd like to see pics of what the 4" lift looks like. Lots of pics of 6" kits here, not too many 4-inchers out there.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car