lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
texasbiker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default I have a issue with cart no longer moving.

A little history:
I have a 2008 36volt txt it was lifted and had bigger tires and wheels installed I got the cart from a dealer used. It also had new batteries and 4gauge battery wires only added. All other items seem to be stock or original.

my story:
I ran a season at the deer camp a with no issues. it's a little hilly but no steep grades. All was good until the end. I was riding out to close up my blind with two others on board and the cart lost power and stopped. It turned out to be a melted wire at the lug on the motor. so on a trailer it went and back to the house. i did a quick fix, I put a new lug on the wire end and all was good, it worked fine for a few months around the house running the dogs and streets. I knew I needed to replace the wires due to age and the fact that they seem small. So I got a complete new 2guage wire set and replaced them all one at a time to insure I had no problems.
Issue:
Well two weeks later it started to give me trouble. my wife stated it would not go. She said she pressed the pedal several times then it would move. This happened several times until nothing. the Solenoid clicks put nothing in forward or reverse. batteries have full charge.
Question:
Where do I to start looking for causes for this?
Thanks
texasbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I have a issue with cart no longer moving.

Series drive system or PDS?

If the solenoid clicks every time the pedal is pushed, measure the voltage between the B- and M- terminals on the controller. (M- is labeled A1 on a PDS controller)
Jack rear tires off ground and put on jack stands so the half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over someone or something.

When pedal is pushed just until the solenoid first clicks, FULL battery pack voltage should be measured.

If not, there is a bad cable, connection or contacts in the high current loop.

Need to know which type drive to troubleshoot further.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
texasbiker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Series drive.

thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a series cart with the high current loop highlighted.

Check the F/R switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- Hi-Current traced.JPG (59.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The stock controller, solenoid, and F&R all need to be upgraded to do what you want to do with the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
texasbiker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have plans to do just that . I was trying to use the parts I had until they failed. Seems this maybe happening. Currently I was just using the cart around the house. But upgrades appear needed. I'm not looking for speed but will take it. The cart is fast enough now for off road use. I just need climbing torque for small hills and being loaded with gear.

Thanks for the input.

Tags
lost power, no movement
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO