lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
Roark
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrading to 48volt need pointers

I have a 2003 ezgo txt series motor and would like to make it better for farm use. It is lifted and has back seat tires are bigger. I have replaced fNR to hd one and cables to no 4 all of them. I have read that changing a cart to 48v really helps and my batts are needing changed anyway. My question is what do need to put on it to get great torque and up 18 to 20 MPH.

Thx this is an awesome site
Roark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrading to 48volt need pointers

In the very simplest of terms, it will work as is. However, the stock controller and solenoid should also be considered for replacement as they will impede the full potential of the change and they will "wear out" faster with the extra power.
You could do it in stages. Replace the batteries today and the controller/solenoid later. But for reliability, spend the extra cash and do it all at once.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
In the very simplest of terms, it will work as is. However, the stock controller and solenoid should also be considered for replacement as they will impede the full potential of the change and they will "wear out" faster with the extra power.
You could do it in stages. Replace the batteries today and the controller/solenoid later. But for reliability, spend the extra cash and do it all at once.
Sorry but it will not work as is -
The stock control is not compatible with 48v
The stock solenoid is not compatible with 48v
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Don't forget.....you'll have to have a 48v charger,too. ScottyB has everything you'll need to do it right.
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post

You should be blocked from answering peoples questions. At best their controller will go into overvoltage shutdown, at worst they'll smoke, either way is no good.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
Roark
Not Yet Wild

Hey Scotty B, I would like for you to tell me what I need and how much it will cost to change controller and solenoid to 48 volt. Buying these items from you. I think I would like a programmable charger because my kids may drive it from time to time. And also like to have good torque and what kind of batteries you would suggest I'm. Novice at this golf cart stuff but it is sure fun to mess with

Thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roark View Post
Hey Scotty B, I would like for you to tell me what I need and how much it will cost to change controller and solenoid to 48 volt. Buying these items from you. I think I would like a programmable charger because my kids may drive it from time to time. And also like to have good torque and what kind of batteries you would suggest I'm. Novice at this golf cart stuff but it is sure fun to mess with

Thanks
Give me a call at the shop Monday. I would like to know how you want to outfit your cart and how you want to use it before I recommend a specific controller pkg etc. to you. Scottyb 855-888-2278
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
Roark
Not Yet Wild

I will try and call u this week I'm putting hay up this week
Old 06-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #9
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Roark be ready the phone call will be more than a 5 min sale call he will go in depth with you. . Just went through this with him on Thursday can't be happier. The above poster is right you can do it in steps; however not the steps he was saying. Get the controller and solenoid first then batteries. Or all at once. But get the electronics in order first prior to pumping up the juice
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #10
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[B]Sorry but it will not work as is -
The stock control is not compatible with 48v
The stock solenoid is not compatible with 48v

Once again, I am reminded to think of all the parts and not just the motor.
Thanks
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO