lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default help with EZGO Marathon 88 very hard to start

how can I verfy the year of my cart. I thought I was buying a 1988. where can I check to see if that is true.

I bought the cart a week ago and seemed t run fine but with a backfire.
so I first checked the sparkplug and found it was loose. so now the backfire is gone, but now it seems like it so hard to start with out using starting fluid.

also the I guy I bought from said he did not trust the auto mixing oil feature and said to mix the gas at 50 to 1. I think that is some of the problem. now I have a full tank of gas at 50 to 1 and the auto oil mixer seems to be working so. it must be getting to much oil. too too rich. i read that 100 to 1 seems to be about right for this cart. I would like to mix the gas and loose the oil mixer system, what should I do to disable the oil mixer. I see the is a pump like system and a needle like screw.

once its running top end is good and seems to be fine. but there have been times where it dies out at half to 3/4 throttle.

also think the carb needs work.
which is the low and which is the high jet?

please help, my wife is pissed cause it aint workin and I am racking my brain as what I should next.
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help with EZGO Marathon 88 very hard to start

how to block off oil injection system?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
redcloud
Gone Wild

Remove oil injection pump from engine and then tank then remove feeder tube to intake between carb and engine and plug hole with screw or bolt. mix should be 128 to 1 or 1OZ to 1 gal gas.
Check your compression and you should have 140#s at best but if it is below 100 you should rebuild head gasket at the best and at worst a long block.
Best from here.
redcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok thanks, will work on this weekend
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO