lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: How to make my Precedent i2 go as fast as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoco View Post
Ok so it is brand new and would have the latest software.

The stock controller has different speed settings, up to 19mph. It also has a few acceleration settings and the braking settings(has to be turned to none for the magnet to work). So either way you are going to have to have someone turn the controller up and/or turn the braking off(for the magnet).

30 mph IS achievable in an electric cart. I do not think you are going to get to 30mph without changing the gear ratio in the differential. If you do decide to make the leap, the first thing I would do would be upgrade the brakes. The stock mechanical drums will probably stop the cart however I would not stand in front of it to test it out. If this is going to be your daily driver then in my opinion disc brakes are a must.
Have you confirmed this? I've never seen a speed magnet work on an excel car no matter what you do to it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #12
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Honestly I have not. If the excel controller interprets the speed signal the same, it should work. If it does not, it wont.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #13
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Many thanks Sunoco.

I can ask the Club Car Agent to make the adjustments to the speed controller - hopefully no problem.

I'm sure I can get the local garage here to source the parts to switch me to disc breaks, but would be grateful for any tips on the most appropriate magnets and gear parts to buy/where to buy them.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #14
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobdiddy View Post
Many thanks Sunoco.

I can ask the Club Car Agent to make the adjustments to the speed controller - hopefully no problem.

I'm sure I can get the local garage here to source the parts to switch me to disc breaks, but would be grateful for any tips on the most appropriate magnets and gear parts to buy/where to buy them.
Hold off on the magnet idea, it may not work at all. Wait for Tahoedawg to respond as I may be incorrect. If I am, I do apologize for the mis-information.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #15
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

I understand and thanks anyway Sunoco.

Interested to know more about where I can source the right parts to modify the gear ratio if anyone can help. Also, if magnets won't work, would a different speed controller help at all or am I misunderstanding the issue?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #16
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

The gears are available through many site sponsors. What country are you located in?

A different controller would work but I do not think there are aftermarket controllers for Excel (David can confirm). You can swap in an IQ harness and use any controller for an IQ.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #17
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Hi Sunoco, I'm based in Hong Kong and am hoping to get the necessary parts shipped here. I use a shipping forwarding service in the USA so I can even use a supplier who will only ship to the USA. Grateful if you can point me to a good contact who I can get parts from to change the gear ratio. Is David a dealer who can help me?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #18
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Cant speak for him on if they sell the gears or not. He does work for a company that can get you probably any OEM Club Car part you will need. I don't think they dabble to much in aftermarket. I'm sure some of the site sponsors do.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

When you put high speed gears in you will lose some torque. What's the terrain like where you are? Any hills or is it pretty flat?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #19
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

The roads here are hilly and the cart takes 4 people so it will need adequate torque. I know the local garage has a gear change to enhance speed for the petrol Yamahas that are also sold here, but there is nothing similar sold locally for the electric Club Cars.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car