lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #11
bthor76
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie looking to buy his first golf cart

I would if he would answer one of the two emails I sent him.
bthor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great white north View Post
The main difference between CC and EZgo is the frame the CC is aluminium
The EZgo is steel , I feel Ezgo esp. a TXT PDS fleet cart is the best one to modify due to availability of parts ease of upgrading and speed it can go
Do not forget the CC on most models I think have a MCOR device that can and does cause issues , but both are good quality carts its like the Ford -Chevy thing
Advantage of 48 volt -cooler motor higher speed
I just feel its easier to upgrade a TXT cart then a CC ( club-Car )
Cheers!
Mostly agree, but wouldn't a series cart be a better choice to modify? Once converted to 48v wouldn't it out do a pds cart for speed, torque, and cooling?
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #13
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not speed , series , will have def. more torque
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
1. Mostly agree, but wouldn't a series cart be a better choice to modify? Once converted to 48v wouldn't it out do a pds cart for speed, torque, and cooling?
It depends on what the end product is going to be used for. For extreme off-road, a series is probably best. For extreme on-road, a PDS is probably best. For a mixture of both, that is a gray area that both types can do okay in.

Money-wise, it is less expensive to upgrade a PDS (or DCS).
A 400A or 500A aftermarket controller costs a few dollars more for a PDS than a series, but there are three fewer high current cables to buy for PDS cart, which offsets the difference.
They both use the same solenoid, batteries, gears, tires and wheels, so that is a wash also.

The direction the cart travels in done internally inside the controller of a PDS cart, but a series cart uses an external F/R switch, which has to be upgraded or replaced with a reversing contactor. That is why series carts are more expensive to upgrade.

Speed-wise, just adding an aftermarket controller to a stock PDS with a good 36V battery pack and cables, will up the speed to about 24 MPH, about 28 MPH at 42V and over 30 MPH at 48V. To get a series cart to exceed 20 MPH, you have to go to 48V and install taller tires, or change the gears in the differential, or install a high-speed motor.

Torque-wise, the series cart has more torque to start with, but some of that is lost when taller tires are installed for higher speed. Both types gain torque when the ampacity of the controller is increased and when the battery pack voltage is increased.

Cooling-wise, if you build it right, heat isn't a problem with either.

Bottom line, if torque is the more important than speed, start with a series cart and if speed is more important than torque, start with a PDS cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #15
Ericfd
Not Yet Wild

Is that cart on the New Orleans craigslist?
Ericfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #16
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

JohnnieB is very informative on the ezgo. My experience with them would be to stay away from the dcs model. Go with the series or pds only if you looking at the ezgo. My recommendation would be go with a 48 volt cart. I see parts and accessories about the same on the top three ezgo, club car and yamaha.
Also find age of batteries before buying , don't take sellers word they are good. They will cost around $700 more or less depending on your area.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:24 AM   #17
bthor76
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for all the help folks.

Yes that cart is in the New Orleans area Craigslist dated March 7 in Abita Springs under the auto parts category (miscatagorized). It may have been sold already though because the seller has so far not replied to my requests. His description is bare bones. I have no idea if it's a 36v or 48v. From the pictures it looks to be a nice looking cart. Even has a windshield.

Regarding which type I should shoot for it appears that a PDS would be best because I want speed on a paved road.
bthor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:40 AM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have a series and am quite happy with the speed and torque, so it's doable, but will cost you a lot more money to get there than a PDS.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #19
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This has nothing to do with the cart you might get.........just curious about your dogs. Will they stay put for the rides? If so, I'm very jealous. haha My dog can go nuts and I can't take her anywhere. haha
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #20
Ericfd
Not Yet Wild

I tried that guy by email and phone several times. The phone number says disconnected and never replies to emails.
Ericfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO