lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
BenZimmern
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 48v Passkey?

Does anyone have experience with unlocking freedom mode on a 48v cart? I'm able to change settings in the controller with my laptop, but am locked out from enabling freedom mode and thus cannot get about 14mph. It looks like the only option is to buy and use a "passkey" (EZGO Item # 61551. Is that true? If so can i buy it and unlock freedom mode myself or do i need to go to the dealer? Thanks
BenZimmern is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 48v Passkey?

I dont think they will sell you the device (i could be wrong). You cannot unlock "freedom" mode and speeds above 14 without it. If you can purchase the passkey, it is super easy to install. Plug device into service port (where your laptop connects), turn key on, wait for beeps, turn key off, remove device.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO