lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Buick6472
Not Yet Wild

Default 12v reducer advice

Looking for guidance on buying a new 12v reducer for my 2000 48v club car. I want to run headlights, tail lights, and maybe a radio or an accessory dome light. Approx what size or wattage should I need? The headlights are the incandescent ones that came on it. Not sure of the wattage on those right now. Also might add other power accessories in the future. So maybe I should look for a higher wattage reducer? And are there brands that I should look more towards than others? Looking for a decent one that will last. Any advice is appreciated.
Buick6472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 12v reducer advice

Amperage is what is important with voltage reducers. I would go with a 30 amp so you won't need another one when you want to add more stuff later. Scottyb (site sponsor) sells one that is good.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 12v reducer advice

I agree with the 30 AMP size. You could go bigger, but I think the price starts going up very fast...

I have an 02 DS 48V. I have a 30 amp reducer. I run a stereo, headlights and running lights. I also have a cig lighter adapter and add holiday lights when the season calls for it. When I do that, i use a 150 watt inverter and add 4 or 5 strings of lights. The cart seem to handle that well.
I don't remember the brand of my reducer. Sorry.
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car