lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 94 Gas Club Car Carryall 2 Driven Clutch slips

The most common things in the drive (engine) clutch with it not returning that I read about is,
A broken return spring, or a broken weight.

Again... it WILL have to be pulled off of the engine and taken apart to find out what's going on with it!
(It may not be necessary to buy a new drive clutch just yet, until it's taken apart to find out what's going on with it!)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2014, 09:30 PM   #12
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
The most common things in the drive (engine) clutch with it not returning that I read about is,
A broken return spring, or a broken weight.

Again... it WILL have to be pulled off of the engine and taken apart to find out what's going on with it!
(It may not be necessary to buy a new drive clutch just yet, until it's taken apart to find out what's going on with it!)
Thank you for the direction and input! Thank you to everyone! When I get a couple days off for thanksgiving, I will look at her more closely and maybe figure it out. These shorter days makes it hard to do anything. Especially with no garage.
Vinny73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #13
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, turns out the drive clutch is free as a bird. Its just that the belt slips when trying to go up a hill. So, is a stiffer spring needed for the rear clutch? I am gonna pick up a new belt tomorrow from the cart store but just wondering, or maybe I am just wanting to spend money?! Thanks goodness the belt is easy to get off. Also, for pulling the drive clutch off, I can't imagine spending $13 bucks for a bolt and a hardened steel pin to pull the clutch off. Anyone know the size and thread of the bolt so I can just buy one and a piece of steel without wasting money? Thanks again for the input! Really looking forward to getting this cart to use.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:53 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Just get a new drive belt for now, and don't worry about the clutches just yet!
(it's kind of a "don't fix it, if it ain't broke!" thing!)
Old 11-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #15
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Just get a new drive belt for now, and don't worry about the clutches just yet!
(it's kind of a "don't fix it, if it ain't broke!" thing!)
Okay, Im gonna try that today after work. Thanks for the reply. When I get to doing research on a new toy, I tend to get lost a little. The choices for speed/torque are amazing!!! I just need to remember, it's for hauling dirt, rocks, trash........ not to do donuts in the back 40..... but it would be fun too.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #16
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

If you feel like spending just a little more money, you might want to go ahead and get a starter/generator belt also!
It's easier to replace with the drive belt off already!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:55 AM   #17
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
If you feel like spending just a little more money, you might want to go ahead and get a starter/generator belt also!
It's easier to replace with the drive belt off already!
That belt is in great shape. But that's a wise idea anyways. Wanna make sure that tension isn't too tight anyways. Plus, get me some face time with the motor and familiarize myself with it. May change fluids and plug as well. That way I know I made it fresh. Not just going by the word of last owner. Thanks again. Will update you as soon as belt is changed! I know my wife's itchin to take it for a putt as well.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #18
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I replaced the belt and made it up the driveway! BUT WHAT A DOG!!!!! My grandma crawls faster!!! Lol my driveways not that steep! Gonna check the filters, plug and valve gaps. 2 questions, 1, where do I find an inexpensive service manual for a 1994 carryall2, and how do I find TDC to check valve clearance?
Old 11-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

IF... you have an FE350, it has hydraulic lifters and there is no valve lash or adjustment!
You should have a bar code tag on the fan shroud, that will tell you what size engine you have,
If there's no bar code label, the rear base of the engine (by the rear oil drain plug) should have FE290 or FE350 cast into it!

The first thing I'd do (after replacing the spark plug/filters)
is put it into maintenance mode and run the engine in neutral just to check the operation of the drive belt and clutches.
click>>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ance-mode.html

If all is good, the next thing I'd do is remove, and clean the carb really well inside and out!
(Note: DO NOT try to remove the float needle and seat! it will get damaged!)

After the final carb re-installation, MAKE SURE to check that the air filter box is properly closed and latched,
and check the air tube for cracks and it's installed tightly to the air box and carb.
(the CC/Kawi engines run like cr*p with an open carb!)

Attached is a manual for a 94 DS with an FE290, that might keep you going for a bit!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 94 DS MS Manual.pdf (5.36 MB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #20
Vinny73
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, Got the new belt. Runs a little better. Took carb apart, found a bunch of gunk. Drained tank. Found out gaskets were partially missing on velocity stack side as well. Didn't see a gasket on rear of carb. Thanks again for the manual but only had half of in in the pdf you included. Tried to order one and it's like $115!!!!!!!! HOLY....... Replaced plug, air filter, and fuel filters. Runs even just a little better. Needle in float keeps getting stuck. Rebuild kits like 70 bucks. New carb is about $130. After spending this amount already and possibly more, I found a Vanguard 18hp. Guy is looking to trade for my sons dirt bike. It has about 20 hours on it with a Comet 780 clutch and a pipe. I figure I should be able to get up the hill now. BUT......He said I need an adapter plate for the club car. I did a little investigations on cart parts plus and saw that their $2400 kit includes that and a wiring harness. But not sold separately. Any advice for this adventure? I really wish this thing would have just worked out. I got a feeling, with what I have seen, that once I do the repairs, then do a compression test, I will still be at a loss. I just wanna put this thing to work!!! I don't need to do wheelies!!! BUT, I would rather spend the time once and get it fixed. I can always put the motor on the bench and later fix it for a spare or resell it. I just don't have time to burn. Thanks again for all the input so far. I have made a fair shake at doing the legwork and reading what I could find before asking silly questions. Hope everyone had a safe and awesome Thanksgiving. Tomorrow, I will be picking up the motor if upon inspection it is what has been discussed/promised.

Tags
slipping going up hills
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car