lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 Precedent Winch mount?

Has anyone had any luck finding a good winch mount for their club car Precedent or any pics they could share of how they may have manufactured one?? I purchased a small home made mounting bracket from a dealer that bolts on to the two bolts where your front end bolts together basically but after looking at this design, I doubt 2 bolts are strong enough to use to hold a winch mount. I'm thinking I may have to build something that goes in to the frame on the front. Any suggestions here?
WayneMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Precedent Winch mount?

just saw your post, but I used a couple pieces of 1.5 in angle iron, a piece of flat steel welded up to the two pieces of angle iron. I bolted those up to the top of the frame and the part sticking out I bolted to my bumper. That setup really strengthened the whole setup in the front.

I will try to post up a few pics for you tomorrow.

Harbor Freight has the 2500lb atv wenches on sale right now for 54.88.

My wench has already saved my arse last weekend. Going up a really steep embankment and the rear wheels just lost traction on the rocks and started spinning. The wench pulled the cart, my big behind and my dad, not small his own self either right on up the bank without any problem whatsoever.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #3
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

Man i sure would love to see some pictures of what you did. Thanks for the input!
Old 08-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

This is a front view. The winch and fairlead are mounted to the piece of flat steel.

This side view shows the brush guard mounted to the bottom side of the aluminum frame and my angle iron bolted to the top side of the aluminum frame and then the angle iron also bolted into the brush guard. Very, very stiff and sturdy. You shake the brush guard and you move the whole cart.

Hope this helps. Nothing fancy and not very pleasing to look at but it works and works well for me.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #5
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the pictures!
Old 02-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #6
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post

This is a front view. The winch and fairlead are mounted to the piece of flat steel.

This side view shows the brush guard mounted to the bottom side of the aluminum frame and my angle iron bolted to the top side of the aluminum frame and then the angle iron also bolted into the brush guard. Very, very stiff and sturdy. You shake the brush guard and you move the whole cart.

Hope this helps. Nothing fancy and not very pleasing to look at but it works and works well for me.
@w4rwf do you have any better pictures? I'm trying to do this exact same thing and not finding much out there.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car