lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #1
StChristopher69
Not Yet Wild

Default Delay in start if at all

Gas club car runs but when I push the gas pedal it doesn't always start. The micro switches are good the pedal switch is good the solenoid is good the brushes are perfect but it doesn't always start. You have to hit the pedal sometimes up to 10 times before it'll go then the starter will spin and squeak before it eventually starts. Could the battery not be strong enough?? I'm at a loss and I'm pretty good at trouble shooting but far from an expert. What else could it be??
StChristopher69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
mxlover94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Delay in start if at all

It sounds like it could be the battery or the solenoid. I have seen a lot of solenoid that sound like they are working because the click over but the contacts inside of the case aren't actually touching. Also the micro switches could have a dead spot in them so to test that you just need a multi-meter and put it onto the continuity setting and put the leads on each end and slowing click the switch in and out with your hand and see if the noise cuts out or not. If it does then the micro switch has a dead spot in it.

Hope this helps you!
mxlover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You say the micro switches and solenoid are good- have you verified you have battery voltage consistently to the starter when you press the pedal? Check it at the big white wire terminal on the starter. Also check your ground from the starter to the frame.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
Rjtehan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not trying to high jack but my ds won't start now , have checked wiring back to the starter and I'm getting 12.5 volts at the lug withe the white wire. So I'm thinking the starter might be bad. Any way to check that?
Rjtehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
mxlover94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Push the cart forward or back hit the gas pedal and see if the starter pulley moves. If it does move after that you could have a dead spot in the starter.Also you can check the grounds for the starter.
mxlover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car