lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2016, 02:40 AM   #1
sskeetr1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 Club Car Ds gas wont move at times

I am new to the carts but an experienced mechanic. My 01 gas ds will start when key is turned and put in gear. It will not move or accelerate. If I get out and rock the cart it will then accelerate and move. Not sure what im missing here. Any help would be great. Thanks
sskeetr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
mxlover94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 Club Car Ds gas wont move at times

It sounds like you have a dead spot in your starter/generater.if you can pop the rubber covers off the end of the starter and blow it out with an air compressor. If that doesn't work then I would look into rebuilding that starter for buying a new one. Hope that helps :)
mxlover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you say it will start, can you tell if the engine is actually running? Or is it possibly just cranking over on the starter?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:33 PM   #4
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Do you mean that the engine starts and runs but the cart will not drive forward when you step on the accelerator pedal? Does the engine accelerate, ie, increase it's rpm's, when you give it more gas?
Assuming you are not in maintenance mode, then the engine is not driving the wheels, which leads to a problem with the drive belt or the clutch, not the starter.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car