lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default OEM vs Aftermarket

Does anyone have verifiable evidence that factory OEM and aftermarkets are actually made at different locations? We seem to say buy ONLY original OEM parts but yet unless it tells you new old stock you are buying a rebuilt/remanufactured part. Personally I have yet to buy an original/OEM club car part that was any different from an "aftermarket" same warranty/or not but yet the aftermarket is half or more of the cost of the original
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
mxlover94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: OEM vs Aftermarket

I personally use both aftermarket and OEM parts on the carts that I work on. It was depends on what your replacing. for most things I use aftermarket because its not really going to hurt the cart. On some parts though I will only use the OEM parts because they usually are made with stricter specifications then the aftermarket parts. For instance I bought an aftermarket ignition coil for my Yamaha g16 and it runs great till it warms up but then it loses spark till the engine cools back down. I put an OEM coil on it and I haven't had a problem with it since. Sometimes OEM is better and other times aftermarket works just a good, its all up to you for the most part. I like having the piece of mind that I put good parts into my cart but I am just picky haha
mxlover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is one of those things I guess experience and advice tells you.

I like toyota it's known to only use OEM parts in the ignition and for O2 sensors.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I used aftermarket crankshaft seals on my 93 CC and leaked considerably. Pulled engine again and used OEM seals. This was 2 or 3 years ago and still no leaks at all. I had a friend use aftermarket rings in his EZ Go and smoked like a mosquito fogger. Replaced with OEM rings and no problems. IMO it is not worth the money saved for the cost and time to redo a job.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car