lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2016, 03:47 PM   #1
txflats
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 Starter/ Generator Help

Got a friends 2004 gas club that the bushings in the starter went bad and ruined the armature so he put a cheapo one in and after 10 minutes if running he smelled wires burning and disconnected battery and left it at that. I got it now and found starter got so hot it burned the brushes up and basically locked it up. I got it now and got a reman from a golf cart shop before i hook up is there something i should be looking for that caused this or put in and try? I am a auto tech not a golf cart mech just looking for some experienced help. Starter wiring goes F2 white to solenoid, A1 and F1 together, A2 ground and DF yellow this is how it is now.Thx
txflats is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
mxlover94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2004 Starter/ Generator Help

I have a manual that I am looking at and your right with how the wires should be hooked up. I hate to say it but the cheap parts could have just failed because they were exactly that, cheap. I have seen a couple starters lock up at my work because of the brushes not being blown out or improperly cleaned. It sounds like you have the right Idea with putting it back together. I would just try it and see. I bet you will have better luck with this starter because its more then likely better quality parts. Best of luck!
mxlover94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Starter/ Generator Help

Once you have it on check for running voltage out of the generator. I've seen bad voltage regulators max out generators and burn them up in short order.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car