lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Float spring problems.

98 DS. 290 engine. Can not get any fuel into the bowl. If I pull the carb off and blow into the fuel inlet the only way to get any air through unless I physically pull down on the needle to un-seat it allowing air to come through. The cart was running two days ago. Its like the spring is too stiff.

The fuel pump is working fine. I put everything back together and crank the crap out of it and pull the bowl and its dry. I tried the carb on two carts and the same thing, Any suggestions?
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Float spring problems.

Pull carb off, pull bowl off, turn carb upside down, see if the float will move. I have had them get stuck and you may have to clearance the side off the float where the pin goes through.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Float moves easily. I had the carb off. Bowl off and I could not blow through the fuel inlet unless I manually pull down on the needle. Not sure whAt is going on.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #4
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

Your needle is probably worn to the point of no return. ive seen needles get stuck like that before, they just wear with time. id just buy a new needle as theyre pretty cheap and see if that fixes the issue.
mdillonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

It has like a rubber or nylon tip in it, All looks OK but obviously something is amiss.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #6
mdillonaire
Getting Wild

Yeah, they all have rubber tips. They get worn down over the years and develop a groove in them where they seat. It may look miniscule but it can cause issues. Like i said theyre pretty cheap so i would try that option first. Always try the cheap easy stuff first.
mdillonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car