lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
oldcc
Not Yet Wild

Default retrofiting 93 DS back to old style coil

Recently had intermittent spark/no spark issue with my stock 93 DS gas, tried most of troubleshooting tips here, came to: new igniter. Received new igniter, pulled rev limiter and bracket to discover no igniter. Pulled flywheel cover, found previous owner had "upgraded" to new style coil/igniter unit. Since I have the new igniter I picked up old style coil and want to go back to original set up, my question is how do I wire back to original? Looked at wiring diagrams here but still not clear on sequence. OH and by the way the original owner had also cut the ground wire completely off the rev limiter. Sorry so long and thanks for all the good info here!!
oldcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: retrofiting 93 DS back to old style coil

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93 ign.jpg (101.0 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:23 AM   #3
oldcc
Not Yet Wild

thanks Lockman, my only question about this diagram was the female connector all the way bottom right in diagram, I assume that goes to the white/black wire that goes back around the passengers side of the engine? I'm gonna try to get this thing back together this morning, the other question now is air gap for the coil, I think .012 but I've seen everything from "use a business card" to .040, but I think .012 is probably the most consistent answer. Thanks again for the help, I'll report back later in the day
Old 07-30-2016, 08:01 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

.012" air gap is straight out of the CC manual!

The open female banana plug should connect to the white/black wire,
and should lead to the bottom microswitch in the Electrical Components Box (black box under the drivers seat/butt)
It's the engine kill circuit, and the micro provides a ground to shut the engine down when you lift off of the Go pedal!

Old 07-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #5
oldcc
Not Yet Wild

Ok, back together, and running, but apparently in replacing the fuel pump and cleaning the carb I have gotten something out of adjustment, appears I'm getting full throttle within about 1/4 of the pedal travel, almost wide open or nothing and some backfiring on deceleration. I'm gonna search for carb/tune up adjustment. Thanks again for the help, I'll be back as soon as I have anything o report
Old 08-02-2016, 10:26 AM   #6
oldcc
Not Yet Wild

OK, went back through carburetor adjustment and everything is great! not real fast(but it's stock), but works great! thanks for all the help!! I'll be lurking around enjoying the site, planning on maybe some upgrades over the winter.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Very cool!

Happy carting!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car