lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #1
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Default World's Most Ridiculous Oil Change

I set out to change the oil, filters, and drive belt. Drive belt took 30 seconds. Gas filters took another minute. The oil itself didn't take long because I used a topsider and just sucked it out. It looked like mud coming out so I poured in a bit more oil then sucked that out and it finally looked like normal oil.

The oil filter took me half an hour to get off.

I ended up having to drive a screwdriver through it and use that to wrench it off. Even with that I ripped the side of the filter before I won. Does that mean it's been ages since the filter was changed?

On the plus side it's a lot more zippy :)
zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: World's Most Ridiculous Oil Change

Could mean its been awhile since its been changed, or someone put it on real tight so it wouldn't fall off
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:41 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Or maybe... they didn't put a coat of fresh oil on the rubber seal!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:05 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, some people are firm believers in: "if tight is good, tighter is better". It really doesn't take that much torque to get the oil filter sealed on a cart. If I remember correctly the rule of thumb for oil filters is 3/4 of a turn after the o ring contacts the base. As mentioned earlier a film of oil on the o ring helps it seal and makes removal easier.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #5
2003CCDS
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the general rule is 3/4 (and no more than 1 full) turn after gasket makes contact with engine and to also coat the gasket with oil to help aid sealing. Glad you finally got the old one off!
2003CCDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:19 AM   #6
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yep, dry seal. I've had them where the seal stayed on the block.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:13 AM   #7
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiehunter View Post
The oil itself didn't take long because I used a topsider and just sucked it out. It looked like mud coming out so I poured in a bit more oil then sucked that out and it finally looked like normal oil.
Is this the first time you've changed the oil in this cart? If so there is most likely a lot of junk still left in the crankcase. Sucking the oil out doesn't remove all the contamination.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I have a commercial lawnmower that was neglected by its past owner.The oil was so sludged that it wouldnt drain.After I got it thinned out to flow and drained,I poured a quart of kerosene in it,let it sit overnite,drained,added quart of atf(very high detergent)let that sit for about an hour,then flushed it witha bit of motor oil,before filling it.I flushed the oil filter hoses and filter head too.It stays as clean as new now,been 8-9 years now.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car