lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #1
UnorthodoxCreations
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default FE 350 Engine Options

My father in law was given a Club Car that has the Kawasaki FE 350 but it has a hole in the block. He's asking me what his best options because I know engines but I know mini bikes and cars. I'm not super knowledgeable on golf carts. As far as I know the cart is in good shape other than the engine. He just wants something to run around in at his beach house.

It looks like new engines exceed the value of the cart. I see a guy on ebay who will rebuild your engine for about $750 with shipping. Has anyone used his services with any success? Are there any other engines that are a pretty direct swap? Any other options that he should consider?
UnorthodoxCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: FE 350 Engine Options

With a hole in the block you will probably have to pay a big core charge penalty. You might want to talk to vegascarts about a swap.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

also look into harbor freight...they have 600cc motors pretty cheap i have heard pretty good things about them
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #4
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

The harbor freight swap is pretty involved and costly in the long run.Not for a beginner for sure. You can sink a boatload of cash into a cart engine swap in a hurry. Sticking with a stock cart engine is your best bet for getting this cart running again. If you are looking for cheap.....good luck! Just go find another cart and sell this one as someone elses project. I am just trying to be truthful here.
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can also put and ad on here for a stock engine, or Craigslist
If you are up for a small challenge you can go the Honda, clone, Briggs swap
Just depends on on how much time, money you want to be investing in it.
I go the clone route usually cause I like working on stuff like this.
Good luck
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
carterschade
Not Yet Wild

Don't forget, as has been mentioned before, that if you swap in a clone (which rotates counter-clockwise as opposed to the Club Car clockwise) your forward will become your reverse and your reverse will become forward. You'll lose about 7mph top speed but you'll gain a lot of low end torque... unless you change the gears
carterschade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
UnorthodoxCreations
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys. If it was mine I'd do a clone swap on it but I know my father in law won't want to get into that. I think he'll be best to just sell it as is and if he really wants a cart to buy something running off Craigslist.
UnorthodoxCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car