lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car DS gas bogs down under load

Hello all I have a club car DS gas for a customer of mine that I did some work on. It had a rear end leak and the muffler would randomly dump smoke out of it. I re sealed the rear end and did a tune up on it. The smoking appears to be caused from oil overflow which is now fixed but here's my problem. Before I worked on it the cart went about 25-30mph high-speed gears rev limiter removed no governor and a lift with big wheels. It flies. After resealing the rear end and performing a standard tune up now the cart revs high and fine in neutral and when driving only goes 15mph if lucky. If I choke it slightly it'll speed up more. This made me think the carb was clogged. I've pulled and cleaned the carb 4 times with carb cleaner and compressed air. I'm at a loss at the moment not able to figure this thing out. I work on golf carts for a living and I consider myself pretty good at it but this one has got me confused. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.
david101193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #2
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club car DS gas bogs down under load

what did you do to the rear David u said re seal, I'm wondering if something is restricting movement most certainly strange hopefully someone here can trouble shoot this
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

15mph sounds like the what the stock governed speed would be for the way you described that cart (lifted with big wheels). Did the customer possibly have the governor "zip-tied" or otherwise disabled before, and maybe during the time you worked on it, that you may have inadvertently put it back to stock?

Also, what year is it? The governor modifications are different on the 1984-1991 carts than they are on the 1992+ carts.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
david101193
Not Yet Wild

Hello guys. It seems to have been the carb was just bad. Replaced it with a new one and it's back to hauling down the street. Initially I did reset the governor to stock but I loosened the bolt and nut and let it move freely to remove the governor like he had it. Sometimes I guess you can't bring a carb back lol. Thanks for the replies guys.
david101193 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bogs down, gas, high-speed gears, jerky
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car