lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
Ronjon1435
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 Carryall 2 rear roof support/frame

In my search to acquire the correct parts to add an 88" extended top to my carryall, I have a question concerning the rear roof supports.

When I search pics of the original carryall with a factory installed roof over the front passengers, is shows a "u" shaped frame attached to the rear of the front seats. This frame and where it is attached, allows the aluminum dump bed to tilt, allowing access to the engine. I cannot find this frame/bracket forsale online. I can only find the front frames, and various struct configurations which attach to the rear body or rear seat.

1. Has anyone seen this original shaped bracket anywhere, for purchase?
2. Can I purchase two front frames and slightly mod the rear one?
3. Do you think that supporting the 88" roof only near the middle will make the last 3-3.5' sloppy/wobble?
4. Or, should I forget about finding that frame and just purchase struts which anchor to the rear seat? This will require unbolting or quick disconnect to access engine.

Thank you all!
Ronjon1435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2023, 09:32 AM   #2
cplchip
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 Carryall 2 rear roof support/frame

Hi I know this post is 6 years old but did you find a solution to your rear roof stuts as I am in the same situation with a 2003 carryall turf 2
I'm thinking your option number 2 might work but thought I might ask and see if I get lucky
cplchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car