lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #21
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS gas generator failure

My experience with starter generators is that cheap NEVER works out. We've had people bring their own parts (ebay & Amazon I assume) and most failed within a week or two. We've tried local automotive electrical shops to rebuild units for us and those usually last a season or two. Now these are shops that do quality work that I've had no problems with starters, alternators, window motors and more for even high end imports like Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, etc. So they know what they are doing, but starting with some used parts the chances that something else will fail seems higher. Admittedly pretty much every cart around us is cranked up beyond "stock" speed.
Yes the OEM parts do cost a bit more, but I can put one on and expect it to work for many years - unless something else takes it out. One person installed their own, drove it up to my shop (maybe 10 minutes running time) because it sounded and smelled "funny". By the time it got to me it was smoldering inside - actually popping and crackling. The voltage regulator was bad and had burned up his brand new starter generator in that 10 minutes of running time.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2017, 12:20 AM   #22
demo61x
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

well the charging system is up and running again, installed a volt gauge so I can keep a eye on it. charges right at 15 v. now I removed the clutch so I can rebuild it cause it was not engaging all the way, and sent the driven clutch to carts parts plus for machining.
demo61x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 12:21 AM   #23
demo61x
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for all the input guys, really helped a lot.
demo61x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car