lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2017, 11:03 PM   #21
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2004 Precedent gas pedal start bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyAbear View Post
There is NO relay in my black box, nor do I find a scematic showing a relay
So you have a schematic of a true key start? yeah without a diode to limit direction I cant see how you could charge the battery although I think my way is easier but there must be a reason they do it that way.
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2017, 11:45 PM   #22
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykker007 View Post
So, instead of a push start starter button, I should opt for a "constant ON" toggle switch instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw your other post asking the same question, the answer is in this post. You should "OPT" for the correct ignition switch. Will a toggle switch allow you to charge your battery? well yes but you will need another toggle switch to cut it off. Just get an ignition switch that "grounds out" in the off position and provides constant power to the small terminal in the on position(constant power to the solenoid allows it to remain closed for starting the cart and for charging the battery, and shuts the cart off when you turn the switch off
Old 04-23-2017, 06:09 AM   #23
Rykker007
Getting Wild

So, i supply power to the blue wire terminal in the solenoid and that keeps the solenoid closed while running and also allows for charging. What about the second small orange wire terminal? Does it have any relevance to this setup? Just leave it like it is; hooked up and all?

Rykker007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #24
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

my solenoid only has one small terminal I am aware that standard club car solenoids have 2 small terminals. Where does the orange wire go. Remember in this key start set up there are no micro switches just a wire (blue in my case) running from the "on"[/U] terminal of the ignition switch to that small terminal on the solenoid. You still need a way to shut it off
Old 04-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #25
Rykker007
Getting Wild

What about micro switches on your F and R switch? Still got those or no? The orange wire seems to go there.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:30 PM   #26
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Picture of relay and schematic for key start in this threadhttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ry-idle-3.html
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:17 PM   #27
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykker007 View Post
What about micro switches on your F and R switch? Still got those or no? The orange wire seems to go there.

No I don't use any micros not saying u can't just the way mine is set up it uses none. My guess would be the orange takes the solenoid to ground when the shifters in maybe maint mode? not sure though
Old 04-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #28
Rykker007
Getting Wild

Yeah, found out today, orange wire (second small terminal) is ground. Pulled micro's from F and R switch and had a straight run with the blue wire to the solenoid. Started and ran great once I realized the short is in the start/gen power in terminal. I've purchased a new start/gen for $104 with a 1 year warranty. Seemed like a no brainer.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:52 PM   #29
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Old 04-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #30
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Picture of relay and schematic for key start in this threadhttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ry-idle-3.html

I looked at that thread, mine has the voltage regulator where that one has a relay; also, if you look at it good, all the terminals are new as is tape wrapped wires. Looks like something someone came up with, not factory
And I was wrong about diode, its across the 2 smaller terminals
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car