lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #11
67chevy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: diode on solenoid 1999 carryall 6

Lockman1 looks like your diagram is the same as mine. Guess I will change out the solenoid again, then voltage regulator, then micro switches again and trace every connection again in wiring harness..... very frustrating! Maybe the ignition switch?
67chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #12
67chevy
Not Yet Wild

All wires are hooked up as the diagram I posted. I have installed another oem solinoid, all new micro switches and verified wiring per diagram. Visually inspected voltage regulator and reinstalled. Checked wiring at ignition switch. It will blow the fuse for ignition every time you turn the key or depress the pedal. Everything worked prior except it would not stay running with the key on, just acted like a non key start machine after starting( shut off when letting off the pedal) this machine started acting up the other day and would not start by key or pedal, but would start by jumping solinoid. I bought an oem solinoid and before I got home my son had the old one off. I installed the wires per the diagram posted and have been blowing fuses ever since. What am I missing ?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #13
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Remove the diode and try it, it may be shorted. Someone may have tried it backwards and it may be shorted. You can run without it, without it it could cause an arc across your limit switches and shorten their life.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 AM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Have you tested the relay yet?
It's to my understanding that the relays on key start carts tend to be the first to cause problems like you were initially having.

From one of my supplemental manuals:

keystartrelay1.jpg

keystartrelay2.jpg
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #15
67chevy
Not Yet Wild

THANK YOU!! I will test it !!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car