lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2019, 06:31 PM   #11
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: BMV-700 Battery Management Meter Install!!

Lol! Peukert's law was just like Newtons or anyone else who proved their hypothesis (mathematically, scientifically, etc.) and was labeled a law in their honor. PL states approximately the change in capacity of rechargeable lead acid batteries for different rates of their discharge. Basically he formulated the relationship between discharge increases and available capacity decreases.

Cp = Ik t

Cp is the capacity at a one-ampere discharge rate, which must be expressed in ampere hours,
I is the actual discharge current (i.e. current drawn from a load) in amperes,
t is the actual time to discharge the battery, which must be expressed in hours.
k is the Peukert constant (dimensionless).

See examples and details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peukert%27s_law
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Good grief there a lot of settings in that meter

The C20 rate works because it calculates the SOC using the Peukert exponent, but I noticed the default Peukert exponent is 1.25 and I just ran the calculations for a Trojan T-875 (C20=170AH , C5=145AH) and the Peukert exponent is 1.13.

I kind of like the "Remaining time at the current rate of discharge" display as it really shows what matters the most for a user
The book gives you several setting to use for different A-H's and the formula to calculate PL. I think my lithium was like 1 or 1.05. I will have to look again.

Honestly, for the value of what it yields, including its accuracy, it is one of the best bangs for my buck on my carts and equipment at work we have it on fork trucks, carts, high lifts, etc....
Old 01-31-2019, 06:43 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah, but You need to calculate k for the actual battery as in this section of the manual you made me read
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload...IT.pdf#page=35
That is what I calculated for the T-875, that values goes in this section of the setup (parameter #5):
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload...IT.pdf#page=25

If You have a different battery it needs to be calculated, lithium probably work with the default of 1.05.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:47 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Yeah, but You need to calculate k for the actual battery as in this section of the manual you made me read

I just well know you like to be fully informed and a picture is worth a 1000 words, but a manual is PRICELESS!

If You have a different battery it needs to be calculated, lithium probably work with the default of 1.05.
It was 1.05, I added it to my post after I checked it.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:26 PM   #15
Stoner99
Getting Wild

Quote:
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload...IT.pdf#page=35
That is what I calculated for the T-875, that values goes in this section of the setup (parameter #5):
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload...IT.pdf#page=25

So I changed it to 1.13 for my setup. Thanks for all the help guys! No I just have to get my charger kinks worked out and I will be good to go!
Stoner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:05 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Here is a link https://www.victronenergy.com/suppor...loads/software to the calculator for anyone who wants to make their own PL Exponent calculations....

It is about 3/4's down the page....
Old 02-01-2019, 03:38 AM   #17
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very interesting. I am away at the moment living under canvas at the Bathurst 12-hour car races. I will look at all this when I get back home.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:26 AM   #18
Stoner99
Getting Wild

I envy you. I love the supercars. I really want to go see the 1000 one day! I also want to see an F1 race as well. Are you at the top of the mountain?
Stoner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #19
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

We are camped at the bottom in the Paddock campground. We are going up to the top this afternoon for the qualifying. I have been coming to the mountain since 1963 (for what became the 1000). I like endurance racing and the 1000 has just become a long sprint so I prefer the 12-hour or 24-hour races now. I live in Melbourne so I go to the Australian F1 race each year also.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:24 PM   #20
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Here is a link https://www.victronenergy.com/suppor...loads/software to the calculator for anyone who wants to make their own PL Exponent calculations....

It is about 3/4's down the page....
Thanks Nole (and Sergio) for all the info. When I get home I'll use the calculator for my US Battery Reds.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car