lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default no ground to activate solenoid

Hi guys I have a 1998 Club Car DS series 48 volt cart that won't click when turned on and pedal depressed
I borrowed a 2000 DS manual and followed the trouble shooting until it got to the solenoid. Everything from the first test to the solenoid passed with the correct voltage or ohms readings as per the manual. I have 50.3 volts at the pack and the charger engages when plugged in . What I have found was that the solenoid has pack voltage at the small red & white/black trace wire but the yellow wire going to the OBC doesn't ground the circuit to energize the solenoid.
I have done 4 or 5 hard resets on the OBC but nothing changes .
So the big question is Am I missing something or is the OBC toast even though it triggers the charger
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Re: no ground to activate solenoid

sounds similar to my thread "what is this solenoid...." where I broke off one of the coil terminals of an "unknown" solenoid but can't find anything so far that doesn't work except I don't hear clicking anymore. My objective is to just leave it disconnected if that doesn't hurt anything because I don't want unnecessary stuff on or clicking while it's sitting.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I don't know why the OBC is not supplying the negative. I would disconnect that negative and run another from pack negative to solenoid negative small post and see what happens.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
sounds similar to my thread "what is this solenoid...." where I broke off one of the coil terminals of an "unknown" solenoid but can't find anything so far that doesn't work except I don't hear clicking anymore. My objective is to just leave it disconnected if that doesn't hurt anything because I don't want unnecessary stuff on or clicking while it's sitting.
Yours is a different issue.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
Papas 73Dart
Getting Wild
Yamaha

After all the tests I did I determined that the lock out feature in the OBC has failed . The charger still works so I just jumped the solenoid ground wire and now it works
Thanks for the feedback
Papas 73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car