lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #11
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Field Open Alarm on Alltrax XCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
How long have you had the controller? Might be able to get it covered under warranty. I’d talk with whoever you bought it from, especially if it was a site sponsor they should be able to help make it right.
My thoughts exactly, I already sent an email to David Hicks to see if there is anything else he'd like me to try before we assume it's the controller and see about replacing it.
sonofagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2019, 11:59 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think You are losing power to the FNR and MCOR.

The Forward input or Reverse input should be ON at all times unless the FNR is in Neutral.

The pedal must also be losing power or it should have generated an HPD error.

I also noticed the battery voltage not going up when the Solenoid closes, make sure the Regen diode is properly oriented and no pre-charge resistor.

What cart model is it?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:35 PM   #13
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think You are losing power to the FNR and MCOR.

The Forward input or Reverse input should be ON at all times unless the FNR is in Neutral.

The pedal must also be losing power or it should have generated an HPD error.

I also noticed the battery voltage not going up when the Solenoid closes, make sure the Regen diode is properly oriented and no pre-charge resistor.

What cart model is it?
It's a 2005 DS IQ. I was switching back and forth between forward and reverse and going into neutral in between, so the log looks ok there. I also just confirmed there is a red diode (I think David included it with the controller) installed with the stripe side facing the + battery pack and the other side is the same as the wires going to the controller B+. I don't see any other diodes/resistors or anything although now I see the install diagram shows another diode between the small posts (https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...S-MANUALv2.pdf). I do not have one there.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:26 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Were you able to call Alltrax today and speak to Ron to see what his thoughts were?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #15
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Were you able to call Alltrax today and speak to Ron to see what his thoughts were?
I got a hold of someone named Will and he helped me out.

By the way, where can I get the newly specified diode for the small posts on the solenoid? I didn't ask Will about that and I'm wondering if it will be included with a new controller or if I need to go ahead and buy one.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunn View Post
I got a hold of someone named Will and he helped me out.

By the way, where can I get the newly specified diode for the small posts on the solenoid? I didn't ask Will about that and I'm wondering if it will be included with a new controller or if I need to go ahead and buy one.
We have the small diodes. It's just a coil suppression diode. They do not come with the controller. The "regen diode" comes with the controller, but it does not go on the small posts. It goes on the large posts. If you don't have one of those, you need to make sure they send you one of those with the new controller.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:46 PM   #17
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thanks David, just purchased the diode from you so I can have it before the new controller gets here.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:24 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunn View Post
Thanks David, just purchased the diode from you so I can have it before the new controller gets here.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #19
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just to follow up on this thread for anyone in the future searching for 'Field Open Alarm', Alltrax replaced the controller under warranty and after running the replacement for a bit, and even on a really long drive where the old one would have failed for sure, the new one appears to be working fine.

So if you get a Field Open Alarm on an Alltrax XCT controller, disconnect the cables from the controller that go to the field posts on the motor (put it in tow mode and disconnect the battery pack first). Measure the resistance so that you are measuring the cables as well as the field posts. If it is within spec for your particular motor, the controller is bad. This is the only test Alltrax wanted me to do before sending it back.

If the resistance is not within spec, measure resistance at just the field posts. If that reading is good, then your cables or connections have a problem. If that reading is also bad, your motor has a problem.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #20
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Great advice...thanks for sharing..Will & Don at Alltrax are Great, they always have been right on top of any problem we have had.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car