lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent - Installed new Controller/Motor, now lights flicker cart jolts at full spe

Hi everyone, I've been trying to figure this out for quite some time. Desperately need some help. I installed an Admiral Motor and Alltrax Controller this system here (https://www.ecartparts.com/street-5-...ts-club-car-iq) in my 2007 Club Car Precedent. Prior to installing it all, all electronics worked fine. Once I installed all of that, things started acting weird.

1. When cart is on full throttle, the motor jolts like it is letting on and off the pedal but we aren't. Yes, I did install a new GCOR. I thought it might have been the batteries, so I installed 4 new 48V Trojans. That seemed to help for a while, but after just a few weeks I've noticed the problem is back. It happens just about every time I get up to full speed.

2. When riding with the LED headlight on and accelerating, the light flickers. When I let off the pedal, the flickering stops.

3. The turn signal has started flashing weird intervals. Thought it was the flasher so I replaced it, nope that didn't fix it. Also, when the headlight is on the turn signal basically doesn't work at all, it flickers once then sticks that's it.

I think that's about it. Does anyone have any ideas??
Flutie3115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2019, 09:02 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent - Installed new Controller/Motor, now lights flicker cart jolts at full

Gcor is a gas cart part. 48volt batteries ???

I'm guessing you changed the mcor, was it a China knock off, that could be part of the problem. Did you change all your batteries, or just one or two.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #3
Flutie3115
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent - Installed new Controller/Motor, now lights flicker cart jolts at full

I'm sorry yes I meant to say MCor, I actually don't know the part, I had it taken somewhere (Golf Carts Unlimited) who claimed they replaced it. I guess I could order an appropriate part and try that, but would that explain the lights too? I replaced all 4 12V batteries with Trojan batteries sorry for the confusion.
Flutie3115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:37 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If Your lights are connected to a single 12v battery that could explain the lights flickering under load, they should be using a 48v->12v converter that places the load across all batteries.

Make sure all batteries are charging (meaning it is wired properly), check the voltage on the + and - sockets in the cart charger receptacle.

Did You also check the settings in the Alltrax controller software to make sure the correct motor field map has been loaded?

If all the settings are fine to a test rung with a laptop connected to the controller and log the data.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

In the Alltrax Toolkit. I would check the KSI voltage, the under voltage and the over voltage settings. Which should be 24v ,42v and 57.6v respectively. No telling what the cart will do once it starts bumping the limits.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car