lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2020, 07:31 AM   #11
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Car DS, maintenance and must have upgrades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwls13 View Post
OK, I found some 2ga cables for $40 on ebay so I guess I'll go with 2ga (only like $15 more than the 4ga I was looking at. It is a 7 cable set (only need 5). But then I will have the extra 2 if i decide to convert from 12v to 8v.

I pick it up tomorrow so I'm sure I will figure it out, but how do I get the body off this thing? I've heard it's pretty easy, hopefully that's the case.
Ha, Hotwls13
The pack negative cable has to through the OBC (on board computer) which works in conjunction with your charger. If the end is on the cable that you are using for pack negative it will not go through the hole in the OBC.
https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ has the cable set that will work for you. Give him a call.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #12
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

The cart is stupid easy to strip down.
I think I had mine down to the frame in an hour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200119_175405_resized.jpg (370.9 KB, 0 views)
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #13
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
Ha, Hotwls13
The pack negative cable has to through the OBC (on board computer) which works in conjunction with your charger. If the end is on the cable that you are using for pack negative it will not go through the hole in the OBC.
https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ has the cable set that will work for you. Give him a call.
Hmmm, well I guess I’ll have to do some more research. I’ve priced the cable sets over at revolution and they are out of my price range. This cart already works with cables on it. I figured maybe it will be better to put nicer/thicker cables on it. At $40 it’s doable for this “low budget neighborhood cart” that will get sold in probably a year.

May go back to 4ga which are even cheaper.

Cart is home, now time to give it a good cleaning.

Not sure what the specs are on it but here is the serial tag: looks like a 2008 DS IQ from my research
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C604B214-B867-49F2-A8A2-051B68F51298.jpg (128.9 KB, 0 views)
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #14
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just thought I would give you a heads up before you ordered them. 6 gauge cables will do just fine for the way your are going to use the cart.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:36 PM   #15
hotwls13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
Just thought I would give you a heads up before you ordered them. 6 gauge cables will do just fine for the way your are going to use the cart.
Thanks I appreciate all the help I can get.

If u saw my other thread I over-watered my cart today. Lol so waiting for it to dry out so I can drive it. Contemplating whether to take the cart apart to paint it (we are going red on the body). Would make painting much easier/cleaner. Plus we could satin black all the other parts.

But getting mixed info. Some say easy to disassemble others it’s it’s a PITA.
hotwls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:44 PM   #16
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yep been there done that!!!!
If you are going to paint it I would pull the body off. You can do a lot better job with it off. It may take a little time because of some rusted nuts and bolts. I use PB Blaster spray an let set for a little.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:32 PM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

If you're gonna paint it then by all means, take the body off the cart first. Even if you're just doing a semi-pro job or even a quick rattle can express. You don't wanna look like you took it to Earl Scheib's.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:26 AM   #18
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
If you're gonna paint it then by all means, take the body off the cart first. Even if you're just doing a semi-pro job or even a quick rattle can express. You don't wanna look like you took it to Earl Scheib's.
Earl Scheib’s I think it started out with $19.95 then went to $29.95 Good paint but no prep.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car