lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2020, 12:00 AM   #1
chubbygolfguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Powering Accessories

Hello Precedent fam. I've got a 2012 Precedent with a PH serial number. I don't know much about my own machine. She's fast (does about 27mph) and has a full blinker/lights/horn kit installed. I want to install a usb charger and bluetooth speaker but am unsure if the previous owner installed a voltage reducer or not (he is no longer with us). If i have the light kit do I have a reducer for sure? I've watched videos galore on YouTube and think I may have one but can't tell because I'm an electrical novice. I'm going to post pictures of the wiring in the dash and the device that I'm seeing under the front end. If you have a link or video of how to properly wire up a usb accessory please let me know. Thanks everyone, excited to be in the group!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8995.jpg (199.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8998.jpg (10.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8999.jpg (8.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9001.jpg (9.2 KB, 0 views)
chubbygolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2020, 08:17 AM   #2
scmoose
Gone Wild

Default Re: Powering Accessories

Im no expert but looking at the picture of your battery compartment, I would say yes you do have a voltage reducer because I do not see any other wires coming from the batteries that would power 12v lights. If I was to guess the red wire coming from you pack positive terminal, and the black wire coming from the pack negative terminal are feeding 48V to the voltage reducer, then the lights are fed from the 12V out of the reducer. I wired a reducer up to my cart but fed a terminal strip with the 12V out of the reducer so that I could easily connect any 12V accessories to that terminal strip as needed. I also wired the 12V out of the reducer through the key switch so in order for lights, or usb charger to work the key must be on.
scmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:46 AM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
.... I wired a reducer up to my cart but fed a terminal strip with the 12V out of the reducer so that I could easily connect any 12V accessories to that terminal strip as needed. I also wired the 12V out of the reducer through the key switch so in order for lights, or usb charger to work the key must be on.
Any fuses?
Does your key switch have 2 sets of contacts - one for 48v and a second for options?
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:54 AM   #4
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbygolfguy View Post
.... If i have the light kit do I have a reducer for sure? ....
Since you have a light kit it probably has a voltage reducer.
Do your lights go off when the Key switch is turned off?
A voltage reducer that turns on remotely will have 5 wires - +12v, -12v, +48v, -48v, & activation line.
Find the reducer and see how many lines it has going into it and to what batteries it is connected to.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:02 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is wire tap at the 16v battery position (and none at the 48v battery positions), probably for a 16v->12v reducer.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #6
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

My '14 has the 12v power port and twin USB outlets already. Anyone know how strong the reducer is? Am I able to tap into that for additional lighting, fan(s) or even air horns if I so desire?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car