lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2020, 09:28 AM   #1
aluberda
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Club Car ds Slow & shaky driving up hills

Hi all, I just purchased my first golf cat and when we test drove it everything worked as it should (on flat ground). When I brought it home i quickly learned of a problem when driving up hills. The car slows drastically and then starts to shake & sputter while trying to make it up. I have checked voltage of the batteries and I have also connected a volt meter to the batteries during the uphill drive to see if it has a voltage drop driving And all tested good. Does anyone possibly know what my issue might be?
aluberda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 12:25 PM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car ds Slow & shaky driving up hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluberda View Post
.... problem when driving up hills. The car slows drastically and then starts to shake & sputter while trying to make it up. ....
The motor needs more amps for the increased load of climbing a hill.
Check all the battery/motor cable connections - clean & tight.
Is your cart a series or sepex, 36v or 48v, what is the pack voltage sitting and climbing the hill, stock or any mods?
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:49 PM   #3
m&ksmith
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had the same problem on my 2003 club car Ds series cart I put new batteries cause the ones I had were 7 years old. Now it climbs and runs better. But is just slow and then fast then slow again
m&ksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

The shake & sputtering (term usually associated with gas motors). Could be a faulty V-Glide. While sitting still with key off and in neutral, pump to "GO" pedal 20 - 30 times and see if that helps. The shaking could be caused by some wear or build up on the contacts.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car